Submitted by the Funhouse Commons.
A great time was had by all at this year’s Second Annual Gingerbread House Contest sponsored by The Funhouse and Island Market.
You can check out all 24 entries on display at Island Market.
Everyone did an amazing job! There were four age groups with three winning categories in each.
• Bonnie Mahony: Best in Show
• Team Marl: Technical Award
• Louise Sasan: Creativity award
• Soren O’Connell: Best in Show
• Sofia Mahony-Jauregui: Technical Award
• Nisha Woolworth: Creativity Award
• Isabella Mahony-Jauregui: Best in Show
• Serafina Buck: Technical Award
• Owa Nunes: Creativity Award
• Hank Gable: Best in Show
• Gordon Sanders: Technical Award
• Leslie Gable: Creativity Award
Island Market will by matching all prize money won by the Best in Show winners. The matching funds will be donated to the Orcas charity of each winner’s choice.
A very special THANK YOU to Jim Bredouw for bringing all things Gingerbread to life! This special event was created by Jim and will continue for many years to come because of his love and dedication to our island’s children & families.