The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy arrested a Friday Harbor man on an active felony probation-violation warrant and for possession of methamphetamine. The man was booked into jail and a probable-cause statement was sent to the Prosecuting Attorney’s office.
• A deputy arrested a local woman on an active warrant in Friday Harbor. She was booked into jail awaiting a warrant hearing.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a welfare check in the Eastsound area. The subject was found at home doing well.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor arrested a driver for driving with a suspended license. The driver was issued citations for improper passing on the right and for not having proof of insurance. A probable-cause statement was completed for the suspended-license charge.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of an assault at a local business. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor was dispatched to a suicidal person who was later transported to the emergency room for further evaluation.
• A Lopez resident was issued a citation for driving 60 mph in a 35 mph section of Mud Bay Road.
• A San Juan deputy spoke with a citizen who received sexual remarks while walking their dog. An informational report was taken.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of two dogs who were said to have killed some chickens. The owner was contacted and an investigation commenced.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a citizen dispute over shooting firearms, and a report was taken.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a residential burglary complaint. An investigation was started and the suspects were identified and charged.
• A deputy on Lopez investigated a report of a verbal dispute between a married couple in the area of Fisherman Bay Road. The couple had a verbal argument while on their boat. There was no evidence of a crime, and a report was completed.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of trespassing. The suspect was arrested for first degree trespassing.
• A San Juan deputy located a vehicle parked in a handicapped-accessible space without a placard. The vehicle was issued a parking citation for parking in a handicap space without a placard.
• An Orcas deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Deer Harbor Road. The driver was subsequently issued a citation for driving 65 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a traffic complaint. The driver was identified and contacted.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a rollover collision. The driver was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor and/or drugs.
• A deputy on Lopez took a fraud report from a resident who discovered unauthorized withdrawals on their bank statements. A report was taken, and the matter was also reported to the financial institution.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez marina about a boating accident. There was very little damage done, there were no injuries and a report was completed.
• A deputy on Orcas saw a cow running loose near the roadway. The Deputy attempted to contact the cow which ran off into the woods. Attempts to contact the owner were unsuccessful.
• Deputies received a report of a cow out of its enclosure. Orcas Fire Department personnel were in the area at the time of the call, and they contacted and informed the owner.
• A report was received about a juvenile mental health issue. A parent arrived on the scene, took the juvenile home and did not feel she would need further assistance.
• A Lopez deputy was called about two dogs running at-large. The caller reported the same dogs have been out a number of times. The dogs were gone when the deputy arrived.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a dog bite. The involved parties were contacted and an investigation commenced.
• In Friday Harbor a deputy was contacted about a possible domestic disturbance. The involved parties were contacted and an informational report was taken.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a boater trespassing on a private dock and mooring buoy. The boater was contacted and left without incident.
• A deputy responded to a domestic disturbance in the Eastsound area. The nature of the call was determined to be civil, and a report was taken.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a flock of sheep that had escaped from their pasture and in the road. Assisted by neighbors and passersby, the sheep were returned to their pasture. The owner was identified and responded to properly secure the animals.
• A Lopez deputy came upon a disabled vehicle blocking traffic in a dangerous corner and pushed the occupied vehicle safely off the roadway.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was given a warning for partially blocking the lane of travel.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy responded to a walk-in report of fraudulent activity on the reporting party’s credit card account. Since the incident occurred outside San Juan County, a report was made and forwarded to the proper jurisdiction.
• A deputy responded to a complaint of mooring violations at the Roche Harbor county dock. Five vessels were issued mooring violation tickets per San Juan County Code 10.28.015/Restricted Mooring Zone-Roche Harbor. Tickets and photos were forwarded to the San Juan County District Court.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was given a warning for not having a rearview mirror and for having a broken taillight lens.
• Deputies on Orcas were called about a juvenile mental health issue. The juvenile was transported off island by emergency medical services to Peace Health Center in Friday Harbor. No law enforcement intervention was required.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a complaint about a found dog. The dog had no collar and no way to identify the owner, and was taken to the Eastsound Animal Shelter.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a found dog. The dog had no rabies or identification tags and was taken to the Eastsound Animal Shelter.