The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• An Orcas deputy advised a bar patron not to drive. The patron did not listen to the deputy’s instructions and drove anyway. The deputy interviewed the driver, and it was discovered the driver was under the influence of alcohol and arrested.
• A deputy was dispatched to a single vehicle non-injury collision in Friday Harbor. A collision report was completed and no infractions were issued.
• A deputy responded to a dispute involving property being held by a Friday Harbor resident who had been involved in a domestic dispute. The resident has been refusing to give the property back.
• A juvenile reported that her mother had provided marijuana to her as a birthday gift. The marijuana was turned over to detectives for a follow-up investigation.
• A deputy responded to a report of vandalism at a San Juan Island residence. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to a citizen dispute. When the deputy arrived, one of the involved parties had already left the area.
• A Lopez Island deputy issued a ticket to thrree motorists after he observed the drivers speeding on Mud Bay Road.
• A Lopez Island deputy issued a ticket to a motorist who failed to secure a load of logs onto his flatbed truck. The logs fell off the truck on Mud Bay Road.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle in Eastsound. The driver was found to not have insurance and was issued an infraction for driving without insurance.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez residence for a reported drive-by shooting. The reporting person stated he heard several gunshots in front of his home and then saw a vehicle drive away. The vehicle owner had an altercation with one of the residents earlier in the evening.
• An Orcas deputy responded to an early morning report of a suspicious vehicle driving slowly and stopping at mailboxes in the Eastsound area. An investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez resident contacted deputies regarding a neighbor’s dogs barking. All parties were contacted and various courses of action discussed. No enforcement action was requested.
• A deputy responded to a reported animal bite in the San Juan Island area.
• San Juan County Sheriff’s Office was notified by the U.S. Coast Guard it was responding to a boat in distress on James Island.
• A North Bend man reported that he had left his kayak paddles behind at Hummel Lake on Lopez Island. A deputy was able to find them. The man will pick them up when he returns to Lopez.
• A caller told a San Juan Island deputy that a driver had exposed themselves while asking for directions.
• A deputy was dispatched to an Eastsound address regarding an attempted burglary. There are no suspects.
• An Orcas deputy was asked to call an Olga resident about a suspicious trespasser who asked to buy her home. The subject left, but was later found and was planning to leave Orcas.
• A deputy met an Orcas resident at Islanders Bank regarding check fraud. A report was taken and a suspect has been identified. The case is still under investigation.
• Deputies were dispatched to a report of domestic assault in Friday Harbor. A suspect was arrested for assault 4th degree (domestic violence).
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of credit fraud in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to an order violation that occurred in the San Juan Island area. The caller said that he had accidental contact with a protected party and wanted to self-report.
• A deputy and detective were at the Friday Harbor Airport for an investigation when they were alerted by airport staff of a disorderly subject.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez Island residence for a CPR in progress on a patient who had a narcotic drug overdose. The patient was subsequently revived and flown off island for medical treatment.
• An Eastsound woman reported a hit-and-run of her parked vehicle. There are no known suspects or leads.