The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy authored an incident report regarding a citizen’s dispute. No crime is alleged to have occurred.
• A deputy responded to a report of a parking problem at the Roche Harbor County parking lot. Multiple vehicles were issued citations for parking without a permit.
• A San Juan deputy issued a restricted mooring zone citation for a vessel docked at the San Juan County dock located at Roche Harbor because the vessel did not have a permit.
• Orcas deputies responded to a boating accident on Orcas Road.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a hit-and-run collision. There are no suspects or leads at this time.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a boating problem at the Port of Friday Harbor. The individual was gone upon arrival, but upon his return was trespassed from the port.
• A Lopez citizen turned in a dog they found running loose on School Road. The owner was identified, the dog and human reunited, and the owner was warned about keeping their dog off the road and under control.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a fraud call. A citizen received a bad check from an anonymous person, who was attempting to purchase a trailer they had posted on craigslist.com.
• A damaged cell phone was dropped off in front of the door of the Orcas substation. There is no known owner, and the phone, though severely damaged, does turn on. The phone was booked into the property room at the substation.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of an unknown individual burning garbage in a barrel on vacated property. Before the deputy arrived, the fire department identified the man as the property owner and warned him about burning garbage.
• A Lopez citizen called to report the theft of a riding lawn mower. The investigation is ongoing.
• The glass door to the Lopez substation was shattered during a landscaping accident. The landscaper is coordinating with the fire department to get the door replaced.
• A deputy responded to a report and completed an investigation of vandalism to a local business in Eastsound.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a domestic incident. After investigation, it was determined no crime had been committed and the parties agreed to separate for the night.
• San Juan deputies responded to a 911 hang-up. On callback, dispatch heard sounds of a possible fight. Deputies arrived and located a single juvenile alone in the residence. The investigation revealed it had been an argument between child siblings and no crime appeared to have occurred.
• A Lopez deputy completed a report documenting possible extortion by the reporting party’s out-of-state sister.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a boating call in Shipyard Cove Marina. The call was found to be related to a previous call involving the boat and one person was issued a criminal citation for second-degree trespassing and released under the previous incident number.
• A deputy responded to a report of a welfare check on San Juan. No crime appeared to have been committed.
• A concerned Lopez citizen called to comment on the island’s school security following the tragedy that occurred in Texas.
• A deputy followed up on a conflict between two Lopez citizens. A probable cause for harassment has been submitted.
• A deputy responded to a pair of Lopez juveniles who engaged in a verbal disagreement at the skatepark. Both youths agreed to give each other space while their emotions were running high.
• A citizen turned in a found wallet to a deputy on San Juan and deputies entered it into the evidence system.
• A deputy responded to an unwanted person call in Eastsound. The business wanted someone trespassed from their business, as they have been making their staff and customers very uncomfortable for months.
• A shrimp fisherman on Lopez attempted to launch their boat at the IMC boat launch. The launch was unsuccessful and the owner’s truck slid into the water. The truck was recovered with the assistance of a tow truck. The owner went home. No shrimp were caught.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a suspicious call. An unknown pair of individuals were recorded walking onto the porch of a house on the south end of the island. The pair spoke to the homeowner through a doorbell camera system. They claimed they were looking for a rental unit.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for speeding, 51 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy performed a mandatory check of a registered sex offender.
• Deputies on San Juan were requested to call EMS by an inmate. The inmate was seen by EMS, and it was determined that he was cleared to stay in the jail.
• Deputies from Orcas responded to James Island to investigate a report of several people firing guns from a boat.
• A San Juan deputy initiated a traffic stop for a speeding violation in the 500 block of Roche Harbor Rd. The driver was issued a citation for speeding – 50 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• Lopez deputies are investigating an alcohol poisoning incident involving a juvenile.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a motorcycle driver for expired registration. The driver was issued citations for expired registration over two months and not having a motorcycle endorsement.
• An Orcas deputy issued a no-trespass warning letter to a person on North Beach Road.
• Orcas and Lopez deputies investigated a death on Decatur Island.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a speeding vehicle on Roche Harbor Road on San Juan. The driver was issued a citation for speeding – 65 mph in a 45 mph zone – and a warning for expired registration.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of theft. The victim said someone stole their jacket, which contained items, off the back of a chair at a restaurant. Descriptions of the missing items were shared with other deputies. No suspect information is available.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report from a citizen about a hit-and-run with property damage. Deputies will continue to look for the suspect vehicle.
• A deputy was called out to check on a person in crisis on Lopez and a welfare check was completed.
• A Lopez deputy responded to an accident involving a driver who swerved off the road and landed in a ditch. Lopez EMS responded, administered aid, and transported the driver to the clinic.
• On San Juan, a deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 39 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone and issued them a citation for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy collected some property for safekeeping. The items were booked into the property room at the substation.
• A deputy on San Juan spoke with a person who wanted to report that they had taken custody of a found bicycle and wanted to know what to do next.
• A deputy on Orcas received an assault complaint. The victim was interviewed. The identity of the suspect was not known at the time. The investigation is ongoing.