Sheriff’s Log Feb. 21–28

Feb. 21

A deputy was dispatched to found drug paraphernalia in Friday Harbor. The items were destroyed at the sheriff’s office.

A Lopez Island deputy was called regarding five sheep and two horses running at-large near the school. The owner of the animals was identified and the animals were returned.

A Lopez Island deputy was called regarding a bull running at-large. The bull was located and the owner identified. The owner arrived on scene to take care of the animal.

Feb. 23

A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check on a male subject in Friday Harbor. The subject was located, medically evaluated, taken into custody for an out of county warrant.

A deputy initiated a traffic stop in Friday Harbor and the driver was cited for driving while suspended 3rd degree.

A deputy was dispatched to a hit-and-run of an unattended vehicle in Friday Harbor. The investigation revealed that no crime was committed and involved parties exchanged information.

Feb. 24

A deputy was dispatched to an unattended hit-and-run in Friday Harbor which happened three days prior and there is no suspect.

A deputy was dispatched to a vehicle prowler in the Friday Harbor area. The victim reported that between $175 to $200 was taken from an unlocked vehicle the previous night. The investigation continues.

Feb. 25

An Orcas deputy took a report of harassment via text messaging. An investigation has been conducted and protection options offered to the victim. The case has been documented in case any further actions occur.

A 4:33 p.m., a Friday Harbor deputy in received a report of a vehicle prowler. A purse was stolen from an unlocked vehicle overnight. There are no suspects.

A Lopez deputy collected a found wallet from the Lopez ferry terminal.

At 10:18 p.m., a car was seen driving recklessly on Spring Street. The car was stopped and the driver was found to be intoxicated and having a suspended license. He was arrested for reckless driving, driving under the influence of intoxicants and driving with a suspended license in the third degree and booked into jail, pending court.

At 11:36 p.m., a deputy in Friday Harbor responded to a report of a vehicle theft. The deputy had already arrested the suspect on other charges before it was discovered that he had stolen the vehicle. The suspect was also arrested for theft of a motor vehicle.

Feb. 26

A deputy responded to a report of a vehicle prowler that occurred in the Friday Harbor area. The caller advised that the week prior, her vehicle was entered and several items were removed. There are no suspects at this time.

A deputy was dispatched to a report of a verbal domestic dispute in the Friday Harbor area. The caller said the other person had already left the area.

A Lopez Island deputy was sent to dispatch an injured deer on the south end. The deer was put down to end its suffering.

A deputy responded to a reported hit-and-run collision near Doe Bay on Orcas Island. It is believed that the collision occurred in the early morning hours. The incident is currently being investigated.

Deputies responded to a single car accident on Beaverton Valley Road. The driver was intoxicated, was arrested, tested and booked into jail pending court.

Feb. 27

A Lopez Island resident requested a deputy to conduct VIN inspections on junk vehicles on the property so they could be scrapped. Four junk vehicles were inspected.

A Lopez deputy took a theft report involving decorative wood.

A Lopez deputy investigated a report of a threatening communication. The interaction was found to be non-criminal in nature.

Feb. 28

A deputy responded to a report of an apparent theft. The caller reported that he gave a subject a courtesy ride and discovered that after the transport was complete that a GoPro camera was missing from his vehicle. There is suspect information at this time and the case is under investigation.

A deputy responded to a call regarding a theft that had occurred in the San Juan Island area. The victim advised that tools had been removed from a job-site sometime over the past three weeks. The investigation continues.