The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a vandalism call near Deer Harbor. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of found property in Eastsound. A telescope was processed into the evidence room.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance and multiple warnings for other things.
• A Lopez property owner issued a trespass warning notice to a person who removed a decorative fence that marked a property line.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for not wearing a seat belt. Citations were issued for not having a valid driver’s license with identification and for operating a motor vehicle without insurance. Multiple warnings for other offenses were also given.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding. Citations were issued for not having a valid driver’s license with identification and operating a motor vehicle without insurance. Multiple warnings for other offenses were also given.
• San Juan deputies responded to a call about a domestic dispute on Woodpecker Lane. Further investigation found the dispute to be verbal and the parties separated for the evening.
• Deputies responded to a citizen assist call on Orcas.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a dog bite incident that occurred on Mud Bay Dock Road. The dog and the dog’s owner were identified and it was confirmed that the dog had her shots. The juvenile victim was treated for an injury by Lopez Emergency Medical Services and a vicious dog investigation was initiated.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a citizen dispute that involved odor from cleaning products that resulted in one party allegedly being sprayed with a hose. The matter is under investigation.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of threats. The investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy conducted a traffic stop on Spring Street and issued the driver citations for cell phone use while driving and for not having proof of liability insurance.
• Deputies responded to a call about a citizen dispute on Orcas. Two of the involved parties were arrested for driving under the influence.
• A deputy on Orcas was contacted about a missing person. A report was filed and the missing person was located.
• A Lopez resident reported threats made by a family member who lives in another county. A report was completed and forwarded to the court for review.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted in reference to a suspicious circumstance. The caller said they had information on several crimes.
• A Lopez deputy completed a fraud report. The caller had inadvertently provided personal information to a scam email, resulting in a monetary loss.
• A Lopez deputy performed a welfare check after friends said they had not heard from a particular person in several weeks. The person was found in good condition.
• Deputies responded to a traffic collision with injury on Orcas. A dog was treated by paramedics for injuries sustained during the incident. The involved vehicle was towed back onto the roadway and was able to be driven away from the scene.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area about someone trespassing. The trespasser was contacted and asked to leave the location.
• Deputies on Orcas acted on information that led to the seizure of a number of illegal drugs.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding and arrested for: driving under the influence; driving with a suspended license in the third degree; operating a motor vehicle without an ignition interlock, when required; and possession of a legend drug.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to an accident with an injury near Deer Harbor. The only occupant of the vehicle was flown off island for evaluation.
• A Lopez deputy came upon a group of goats wandering along the road. The goats were returned home.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding, for having an expired registration and defective brake lights. The driver was issued a citation for traveling 35 mph in a 25 mph zone and for having an expired registration of more than five years.
• A deputy on Orcas located someone who was trespassing in Buck Park. The person was arrested and released with a criminal citation.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver citation for speeding 65 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for traveling 66 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan contacted an intoxicated person yelling at passing vehicles. The incident was documented and will be forwarded to the prosecutor’s office for alcohol conditions violations.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a reckless driver possibly driving under the influence. The vehicle was located; the driver was not.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of an unwanted person who will be issued a trespass notice.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic incident on San Juan. The reporting deputy arrived and contacted the people involved. After speaking with them, the deputy determined the incident was verbal only and no crime had been committed.
• A citizen on San Juan found a heavily damaged cell phone and turned it into the sheriff’s office. The property was entered into the evidence system.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued warnings for numerous minor traffic violations and arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor and/or drugs.
• A Lopez deputy contacted all involved parties regarding a traffic complaint that had occurred the previous evening. The issues of concern were discussed. No enforcement action was requested by the reporting party.
• A driver on Lopez was issued a warning for speeding.
• A deputy was dispatched to a suspicious item located in Eastsound.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for having an expired vehicle registration of more than two months.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a found-drugs call. The items were taken into custody. The investigation is ongoing.
• A digital thermometer was turned into the Orcas Sheriff’s Office. It was booked into the property room, awaiting its owner’s recovery.
• A San Juan deputy initiated a traffic stop on a driver who did not have a valid driver’s license. The driver was issued citations for not having a valid operator’s license with identification and for having an expired registration. The registered owner was cited for allowing a non-licensed driver to operate their vehicle.
• A deputy spoke with a Lopez resident about a harassment complaint. The reporting person stated his landlord was harassing him. The matter is being investigated.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a wanted person turning themselves in at the Sheriff’s Office. The wanted person was booked and placed in a holding cell to await their arraignment.