The sheriff’s office responded to these calls.
• A Lopez deputy investigating a trespassing complaint found the subject was having a medical emergency. Emergency Medical Services was called and the subject was sent to a mainland hospital.
• An Orcas deputy recognized a subject with a local warrant. When contact was made the subject physically resisted arrest. He was placed into custody for the warrant and resisting arrest.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a home for a welfare check on a distraught island resident. The deputy determined that no crime occurred and the upset individual was not an imminent threat to himself or others.
• The manager of an apartment in Friday Harbor reported concerns about a renter. The renter was contacted and found to be impaired but did not qualify as a danger to self or others and was allowed to remain at her apartment.
• An Orcas deputy issued an unlawful mooring ticket to a boat in Westsound.
• Lopez deputies responded with EMS to a CPR in progress call. The victim was deceased on arrival.
• A San Juan deputy observed a vehicle traveling without license plates. The driver was contacted and cited for driving with a suspended license.
• An Orcas deputy issued an unlawful mooring ticket on Orcas.
• A San Juan deputy settled a dispute at the Little Store in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called about two horses out running on Center Road. The owner was contacted and came to get the horses.
• San Juan deputies responded to a one-car collision on West Valley Road. Upon investigation, there was probable cause to believe that the driver was under the influence. The driver was transported to the hospital for his injuries. The driver was arrested for DUI and investigation is ongoing.
• A boat owner on Orcas was issued an unlawful mooring ticket.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a local business for reports of an assault. A report was taken and the investigation is ongoing.
• Friday Harbor deputies, fire and EMS were sent to a woman complaining of being ill from fumes in her apartment. Fire checked the apartment and it was safe. EMS checked the woman and found no physical issues. The woman returned to her apartment.
• Two vehicles traveling together were stopped for speeding, 60 in a 35 zone on Islandale Road on Lopez Island. Both drivers were ticketed for the infractions.
• A Seattle man was stopped and cited for speeding by a Lopez Island deputy. The man was traveling at 50-plus mph in the posted 35 zone on Ferry Road.
• A Lopez deputy contacted a dad with his kids about trespassing on private property. They said they were there to fly kites, and agreed to not return without the landowner’s permission.
• A deputy on Orcas issued an unlawful mooring ticket to a boat in the Westsound area.
• A disoriented woman was reported wandering at the Friday Harbor airport. Deputies were familiar with her but were unable to locate the woman.
• A boat dragged anchor in Friday Harbor and struck another vessel. A boat accident report was sent to the owner of the other vessel to be completed.
• San Juan deputies responded to a reported domestic assault incident. All parties were interviewed and the offending party was arrested and booked into jail, pending a court appearance.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle in Eastsound and arrested the driver for an out of state felony warrant, driving with a suspended license and possession of a controlled substance. The vehicle was impounded for evidence. The case is being investigated further.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of malicious mischief in the Friday Harbor area.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to Friday Harbor in reference to a trespass. The trespasser was served with a letter and escorted off the property.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on Lover’s Lane and issued the driver a citation for speeding.