The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a report of an animal problem on San Juan Island. The deputy spoke with witnesses, obtained statements and issued a dog-at-large citation to the dog’s owner.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a local business regarding a suspected shoplifter. Attempts are being made to locate the suspect.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped and ticketed a local woman for speeding 61 miles per hour in a 45 miles per hour zone on Center Road.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a theft of deer fencing.
• Department of Social Health Services reported a San Juan Island child under their care was a runaway.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a theft.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a possible attempted burglary.
• An Orcas deputy issued a parking citation to a vehicle illegally parked in Eastsound.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez Island residence for a vandalism complaint. The reporting person stated an unidentified person shattered one of her home windows with a rock. The matter is under investigation.
• A deputy initiated a traffic stop in Friday Harbor and issued the driver a citation for failure to follow a traffic device.
• An Orcas deputy issued a citation for abandoning a vehicle at a local towing establishment.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped a motorist on Fisherman Bay Road after he saw him speeding. The deputy issued the driver a ticket.
• A deputy initiated a traffic stop in Friday Harbor and the driver was issued a citation for failure to follow a traffic device and warned for failing to change their address on a driver’s license.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle for lane travel issues. The driver was found to have a suspended driver’s license. The driver was cited and released for driving with a license suspended and issued a citation for having expired vehicle registration.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for an obstructed license plate. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid operators license with ID.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop in Eastsound, and the driver was issued a citation for failure to wear a seatbelt.
• A Lopez Island deputy investigated a residential burglar alarm and found a door standing ajar and the home unsecured. Nothing appeared amiss inside. The wind is believed to have blown the door open, setting off the alarm.
• A Lopez Island deputy issued a citation for an unlawfully moored vessel on the county dock at Mackaye Harbor.
• Lopez Island deputies responded to a report of death threats made towards a local family. A Lopez man was arrested on a harassment charge as well as two outstanding San Juan District Court warrants. The man was lodged in jail in Friday Harbor pending a court appearance.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for expired tabs. The driver was issued a citation for expired vehicle registration over two months.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding, and the driver was issued a citation for speeding 45 miles per hour in a 25 miles per hour zone.
• A deputy on Orcas had an abandoned vehicle impounded after it was posted for 24-hour removal.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped and ticketed a Mountlake Terrace man for speeding 44 miles per hour in a 25 miles per hour zone on Fisherman Bay Road.
• Deputies on Orcas Island conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle being operated by a driver with a suspended license. The driver was arrested, cited and released on scene. He was later issued a citation for not having vehicle insurance.
• A deputy responded to a walk-in report of a welfare check in Friday Harbor. The deputy spoke with the parties involved and completed an informational report.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to a local business regarding suspicious activity occurring in the parking lot. The involved vehicle and subjects had left the area before the deputy arrived.
• An Orcas deputy handled a complaint about a boat abandoned on property off Old Cemetery Road.
• A deputy responded to a welfare check in Friday Harbor. The deputy made contact with the involved party, who was transported to the hospital for a medical evaluation. A report was forwarded to CPS.
• Orcas deputies located a wanted person driving a vehicle. The subject was also found to have a suspended driver’s license. The subject was arrested. Drug paraphernalia was located within the vehicle, and a search warrant will be applied for in order to search the vehicle further.
• A San Juan Island deputy initiated a traffic stop on two vehicles and both drivers were issued citations for failure to follow a traffic device.