Join the Orcas Island Elementary staff and community members on Wednesday, Oct. 25 at 5 p.m. in the cafeteria for celebration and support. Dinner and childcare are included.
Parents can learn ways to support their students learning through Positive Behavior Intervention and Support. PBIS is a system utilized by Orcas Island Elementary School to provide social, emotional and behavior supports to students that will help improve academic outcomes.
Parents play a crucial role in helping their children be successful in school, say organizers. When parents and schools work together, students achieve higher levels of success. Some topics for the night include:
– Essentials for Parenting Pre-schoolers: Amber Paulsen
– The Joy of Reading: Glenda Smith
– Juggling Underwater: Single Parenting and Step Parenting: Sandi Burt
– Playtime with your Kids: Margie Sabine
– SAFE San Juans: Alison Sanders
– Choices and Chores: Lorena Stankevich
– It’s All Sensory: Kristi Bilgren
Funhouse staff will provide free childcare for those three and older. Family dinner provided by Orcas Elementary.RSVP by email to Lorena Stankevich at email@example.com.