Christmas trees return to light up the Moran Mansion at Rosario Resort and Spa during the month of December, decorated by 10 local non-profit organizations. Sponsored by the resort, the Festival of Trees is a fundraiser during this holiday season for participating organizations.
This year’s trees are decorated by:
• Friends of Moran State Park
• Wolf Hollow Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
• Orcas Island Animal Protection Society
• Orcas Island Historical Society
• The Funhouse Discovery Center
• Orcas Montessori School
• Orcas Island Education Foundation
• A-OK Arts for Orcas Kids
• Orcas Island Farm to Cafeteria Program
• Rotary Club of the San Juan Islands
The public will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite tree by purchasing votes ($1 per ticket) throughout the month of December.
All voter tickets will also be entered into a raffle to win prizes, including:
• Two round-trip tickets from Orcas Island to Seattle on Kenmore Air with a two-night hotel stay.
• Dinner for two at The Mansion Restaurant.
• A two-month Rosario spa pass.
Each organization will receive the voting dollars, along with an additional donation from Rosario Resort.
“These organizations not only create a beautiful display in our lobby each year, but they add such value to our community,” said General Manager Christopher Peacock. “I hope everyone comes out to see the trees and leaves a thank-you donation to support each of these groups.”
The Moran Mansion is open daily from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Tickets may be purchased at the front desk before touring the tree display.
Rosario’s Holiday Open House will be held Friday, Dec. 8 through Sunday, Dec. 10, from 12–8 p.m., with complimentary hot apple cider and cookies.