Both the Vikings boys and girls teams will head to Mt. Tahoma High School in Tacoma, Washington to face off in the 2B regional competition against the Life Christian Academy Eagles. The girls play at 6 p.m. and the boys play at 8 p.m. The following schedule information was posted on the Orcas Island Booster Club’s Facebook page by booster club volunteer Justin Paulson. All the info is subject to change.
The schedule for Saturday, as of now, is:
– The bus will depart the school at 10:30 a.m.
– Catch the 11:30 a.m. ferry to Anacortes.
– Arrive in Anacortes at 12:20 p.m.
– The team will stop somewhere to eat somewhere along the way.
– Arrive at Mt. Tahoma High School by 5 p.m.
– The girls game against Life Christain Academy is at 6 p.m.
– The boys game against Life Christain Academy is at 8 p.m.
The bus will take students to Renton Landing at around 9:30 p.m.
The team is staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites right near the landing. The school has a block of rooms set aside for team personnel. There are still rooms available in the hotel for fans and parents if people are interested. The manager said the best place to book is online. To get the best rates they can book online and select “advanced purchase” when checking out. The rate is non-refundable, but it’s the best rate.
Coaches and all student-athletes must ride the bus down with the team. If any students want to be released to their parents for alternative travel plans and hotel accommodations following the game, they will need to make arrangements and notify team personnel ahead of time. The earlier the better so they can plan accordingly with rooms, etc. Otherwise, all student-athletes will be expected to stick to the team itinerary including meal time, curfew, departure times, etc.
Hotel and return information:
– Hampton Inn & Suites, located at 300 Lake Washington Blvd. North in Renton, Washington. The hotel’s phone number is 425-524-4440 and reservations can be made online at https://goo.gl/kXb2Eo.
– Complimentary breakfast at Hampton Inn is available at 7 a.m.
– The bus departs at 7:45 a.m.
– Ferry leaves at 10:15 a.m.
– Bus Arrives at school at 11:30 a.m.