It’s the time of year for lighting candles on a cold winter night, breaking bread with loved ones and remembering what we are thankful for. Our readers offered the following gems of gratitude.
• I am thankful for finding my true love, my wonderful family and my amazing friends. I’m thankful to have a great career that allows me to help inspire others to reach their goals. I’m thankful for all the little things we take for granted. But most of all I’m thankful for my partner in life, he is truly my better half. If I have nothing at all, I’ll have the world as long as I have him.
• I’m grateful for the health and well-being of my family – truly the greatest wealth there is – and for the opportunity to call this gorgeous place home.
• I don’t take any of it for granted – my family, my health, my friends and my new dog. I feel blessed every day. I am so thankful I still have both my parents.
• I’m thankful I can live the life I choose and I have family, friends and co-workers who love me for who I am. We are blessed to live in a community that is untouched by the sadness and crime that plague other parts of the world.
• I am thankful for this community and its numerous artistic outlets for kids. My daughter is in “Silks” class and practicing Norwegian Christmas carols.
• I am thankful for each day and the possibilities the sunrise holds. I am thankful for passionate people in their persistence of art, hope and change in our world. I am thankful for the people who love me, and I am thankful for the difficult people who help to teach me the big lessons of tolerance, patience and compassion.
• I am thankful for friendships that remain strong despite distance and time restraints. I’m thankful that there’s a little island in the middle of the San Juans that holds some of the best memories and people I will ever know!
• I am thankful for all the love and harmony I have in my life. Grateful to still have my parents. Grateful and proud to have such a remarkable daughter to share an unconditional love and friendship with. Thankful that everyone I love is healthy, happy and thriving. I am thankful for my steadfast, loving and loyal husband. I also feel blessed this year that we added a beautiful and amazing canine to our family.