The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy responded to an agency assist call in Friday Harbor. A report was made and forwarded to the requesting agency.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy in responded to a theft call. After speaking with the involved parties the male suspect paid his tab and was trespassed from the business at the request of the owner.
• A deputy was dispatched to a wanted person in Friday Harbor, wanted subject was taken into custody.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist on Ferry Road for speeding. He arrested the driver who, it was determined, was driving under the influence of alcohol. The driver was cited for driving under the influence, for speeding and for not having a valid driver’s license. He was scheduled to appear in Friday Harbor for court.
• Orcas deputies responded to a report of an explosion. The deputies investigated the area and identified what appeared to be a homemade explosive that was detonated in someone’s yard. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy apprehended a wanted person near Eastsound. The person bailed out and was given a new court date.
• A Friday Harbor deputy took a female from a courtroom in district court into custody on two warrants after her warrant review hearing. The female was arrested, booked into jail and is awaiting her next hearing.
• A Lopez deputy along with EMS responded to an injured-person incident. The person was treated for a minor injury.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 41 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy responded to a report of a burglary on Orcas. The investigation is ongoing.
• On Orcas, a deputy responded to a theft complaint. The victim was contacted and an investigation commenced.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a protection order violation. The suspect left the scene prior to the arrival of the deputy. The reporting party was contacted and an investigation was started.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of disorderly conduct in Friday Harbor. The subject who was being disorderly was trespassed.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a sailboat aground off Crescent Beach. There was no one aboard and the vessel appeared to be undamaged.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a fraud complaint. They contacted the victim and an investigation commenced.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for not having proof of liability insurance, and a warning for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
• A rider in Friday Harbor received a citation for not having a two-wheel endorsement and an expired registration, and received a warning for speeding.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for speeding.
• San Juan deputies stopped two different drivers on the same day for not wearing a seat belt. Each driver was issued a citation.
• A deputy on Orcas Island to a report of a traffic hazard. Someone had taken traffic cones from a construction site and placed them in the center of the road. The deputy moved the cones and notified Orcas Public Works.
• In two separate incidents, deputies on Orcas conducted traffic stops and issued both drivers citations for speeding
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a dog running-at-large. Upon arrival, the deputy learned the animal was on private property and under the control of a person who works at that location.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a welfare check near the ferry landing.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for not wearing a seat belt and for having an obstructed license plate. The driver was issued a citation for not wearing a seat belt, and the passenger was arrested on a warrant.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for traveling 50 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for lane travel and driving in the wrong lane. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and issued a citation for failing to drive in the right lane, for having wheels off the roadway and an open alcohol container.
• A deputy in San Juan responded to reported injury. The injured was treated by the emergency medical services team when it was learned the injury was reportedly caused by a golf club; an accident that occurred during the filming of a school project.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a 911 hang-up call. The single occupant of the residence was contacted and the call was determined to be unfounded.
• A deputy was called about a dog on Lopez that had been barking the previous two nights until the wee hours of the morning. Neighbors were contacted to help identify the dog(s) involved.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a complaint of two dogs running at-large. The deputy contacted the complainant and took custody of the dogs. The owner was not able to be contacted and the dogs were taken to the animal shelter.
• A deputy responded to a property damage call in Eastsound. A report was taken and the case is ongoing.
• A Lopez deputy took custody of a dog found running at-large on Center Rd. The dog’s owner was contacted who then claimed the dog at the sheriff’s office. No enforcement action was taken.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a domestic near Eastsound. After an investigation, it was determined the incident was verbal only and a report was taken.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic incident on San Juan. The deputy contacted the parties involved and determined the incident was unfounded.
• A deputy in the Friday Harbor area responded to a citizen dispute. The involved people were contacted and agreed not to have any contact with each other.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle because both the passenger and the driver were not wearing their seat belts. Citations were issued to both.
• A Lopez deputy found a female walking along a remote road during the night. The female requested medical attention. The deputy and Lopez medics took the woman to Friday Harbor for further medical evaluation.
• An Orcas deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Orcas Road. The driver was subsequently issued a citation for driving 62 mph in a 40 mph zone, and received a verbal warning for having expired proof of liability insurance.
• Deputies responded to a report of domestic assault-in-progress in Friday Harbor. The victim was taken into custody on a warrant. The suspect was taken into custody for second-degree assault.
• A deputy responded to a report of a suspicious incident in Friday Harbor. When the deputy arrived, it was found that the caller wanted a male trespassed from the location. The involved male was trespassed from the location and a report was made.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a littering complaint. The involved parties were contacted and an investigation is underway.
• An Orcas deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Mcnallie Lane. The driver was subsequently issued a citation for driving 51 mph in a 25 mph zone, and received a verbal warning for having expired proof of liability insurance.
• Deputies were called to the Superior Courtroom fabout disruptive subjects in court. Charges are being considered for disorderly conduct and harassment.
• A Lopez deputy was called to a local business about an out-of-control child. The child was removed from the business and referral resources were discussed with the parent.
• A deputy on Lopez was dispatched after drug paraphernalia was found in a public restroom. The items were seized and a report was made.
• A deputy responded to a report of a possible domestic incident in Friday Harbor near the Warbass Marina. The deputy searched the area and found no one around.
• Deputies observed a wanted subject in a vehicle in Lopez Village. The subject was contacted in a parking lot and taken into custody without incident. He was transported to Friday Harbor and lodged in jail on a District Court bench warrant.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a found child. A young child was located wandering alone. The parents were located and the child was reunited with them.
• A deputy impounded a vehicle that had been illegally parked on a county roadway on Orcas.
• A Lopez deputy was called about an order violation that occurred aboard a Washington State Ferry. A report was taken and the incident is under investigation.