The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy responded to a report of harassment in Friday Harbor. Two businesses requested a person be trespassed from their businesses. There was no probable cause for the crime of harassment and the person was issued trespass letters for the businesses.
• An inmate in the San Juan County jail was observed sharing their medication with a fellow inmate. Charges were forwarded to the prosecutor’s office for two counts of delivery of a controlled substance.
• A San Juan deputy observed a vehicle parked on the side of the road with litter outside of it. The occupant of the vehicle was issued a citation for littering of less than one cubic foot.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a possible crisis. Information and resources were given to all parties.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a single-vehicle collision in which a driver struck a deer. The occupants of the vehicle were uninjured and the deer fled the area. The collision was determined to be non-reportable.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a vandalism call at The Village Green bathrooms. Photographs were taken and a report was written. There are no suspects at this time.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 63 mph in a posted 45 mph speed zone. The driver was issued citations for speeding, for an expired registration over two months, and for not having insurance. A warning was also given for not having a driver’s license on their person.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of an attempted residential burglary. A person attempted to enter a residence, then fled the area when the homeowner’s dogs began barking at them. No entry was made to the residence.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a stolen chainsaw. There are no workable leads.
• A San Juan deputy conducted a traffic stop on Roche Harbor Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding – 60 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy responded to an agency-assist request from Safe San Juans. The victim was interviewed, and a report was generated. The investigation is ongoing.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of harassment. An investigation was conducted.
• A deputy responded to a theft call on Lopez. A citizen reported that political signs had been stolen from the roadside.
• A Lopez resident reported damage to a mailbox post. Evidence was collected from the scene.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of stolen dogs. The theft and the victim live in Thurston County and information was provided to the Thurston County Sheriff’s office.
• A deputy was dispatched to a person in crisis on San Juan. The deputy arrived and contacted the person, who requested assistance. The person was then taken to where they could receive that assistance.
• On Orcas, a deputy conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for speeding, 49 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a former caregiver of a family member who had been stealing from the person for whom they were caring. Information is still being collected.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a domestic dispute. One person was arrested for assault in the fourth degree, domestic violence.
• On San Juan, a deputy responded to a report of vandalism in which a vehicle’s tire had a puncture hole in it. The reporting party did not wish to pursue criminal charges against anyone; they just wanted the sheriff’s office to be aware of what happened.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of a person in crisis who had access to firearms. The individual was located and contacted.
• A Lopez driver was stopped for disregarding a clearly posted road closure sign.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted about a vehicle prowl. The person reported that their vehicle had been entered over the previous week and the only thing taken was a spare key to a residence.
• A deputy on San Juan received a report of a violation of a protection order. Probable cause was established for violation of an anti-harassment order and the case was forwarded to the prosecutor’s office.
• A deputy was dispatched to a boat trailer that was left in the San Juan County courthouse parking lot in Friday Harbor. The trailer was tagged with a 72-hour notice to move or be towed.
• A deputy responded to an accident without injury near Eastsound. Both parties had exchanged information when the deputy arrived.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to the ferry landing for a disorderly conduct call. No crime had been committed.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of theft from the Port of Friday Harbor. The property was recovered and the individual responsible was located. The Port wished to trespass the individual from all Port properties; the individual was located and served with the trespass letter.