The San Juan County Sheriff responded to the following calls.
• On Wednesday at approximately 11:37 a.m. a deputy investigated a trespass complaint on San Juan Island. The suspects were contacted and issued a trespass letter.
• A deputy responded to a found property call. The property was located, no owner could be found, and the property was submitted to the evidence room. A report was made. No further investigation.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a littering call in the Eastsound area. The caller advised that someone had been illegally dumping trash and appliances on their property. The investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver an infraction for not having insurance and a warning for defective brake lights in Friday Harbor.
• Lopez Island deputies responded to a Lopez Island residence to investigate a possible assault. The reported victim claimed no assault had occurred. A report was completed.
• Lopez Island deputies arrested a subject for Assault 4th Degree-DV after his girlfriend reported that he had assaulted her. The subject was transported to the jail in Friday Harbor to await a hearing.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of a theft of an iPad from a vehicle in Eastsound that had occurred in Eastsound on 09/29/18. The case is under further investigation.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic incident. A report was taken.
• A deputy responded to a report of trespassing. The subject will be served a notice of trespassing.
• A Lopez Island deputy received an assault complaint. The reporting person stated another person punched him while he was on the ferry. The incident reportedly occurred after a disagreement between the two individuals over an alleged prior business arrangement. The investigation continues.
• San Juan deputies were advised of a runaway juvenile. The parent signed a pickup order and deputies searched the area for the missing child.
• At approximately 6:27 a.m. a deputy investigated a prowler on San Juan Island.
• At approximately 12:15 p.m. a deputy responded to a domestic incident on San Juan Island. The incident was referred to another agency
• A deputy spoke with a Lopez resident regarding a missing vehicle license plate. A report was completed.
• San Juan deputies conducted a traffic stop on Argyle Ave. The driver had no license plate on the vehicle. Deputies issued a citation for criminal traffic offenses and also issued a traffic infraction.
• At approximately 9 a.m. a deputy investigated a traffic accident in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez Island deputy took a report from a driver reporting that he had backed into a bank of mailboxes on Lopez Island, knocking them down.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched with Orcas Island Fire and Rescue to a suicide attempt in the Eastsound area. The deputy arrived and found the subject had not taken any steps to harm themselves on that day. They were transported off the island for a mental health evaluation via a friend.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a suicide attempt. A suicide prevention hotline had called and advised they had been on the phone with a subject who threatened to kill themselves before hanging up. The deputy arrived to find the subject had not taken any steps to harm themselves that day.
• A deputy responded to a report of dumped items on private property. The incident was documented.
• A Lopez Island resident reported that hunters on a neighboring property had fired a shot that nearly struck the caller’s home.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on a motorcycle in Eastsound. The driver was issued a criminal citation for driving with a suspended driver’s license.
• An Orcas Deputy responded to a single vehicle accident near Olga. The single occupant was the driver. After an investigation, the driver was booked for driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Olga Road. The driver, a local man, was subsequently issued a criminal citation for driving while license suspended in the third degree.
• A loaded dump truck was spilling part of its load of gravel coming off the ferry on Lopez Island creating a traffic and safety hazard. The operator returned with a sweeper and cleaned up the mess.
• A deputy responded to an animal at large call. Two dogs were running around and suspected of killing deer. A report was taken.
• A deputy responded to a report of a domestic incident. It was determined verbal only and an informational report was taken.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Olga Road. The driver was subsequently issued an infraction for speeding 35 mph in a 25 mph zone and issued a criminal citation for driving while licenses sis[emded in the third degree. He was issued a verbal warning for not having proof of insurance or registration in the vehicle.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Mount Baker Road. The driver was subsequently issued an infraction for speeding 50 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for speeding 38 in the 20 mph school zone on Center Road in front of the Lopez Island school campus.
• A San Juan Island deputy responded to a communications complainant in Friday Harbor. Information was gathered and an informational report was made.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for expired registration. The driver was arrested for driving suspended and issued infractions for no insurance and expired tabs over two months.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a theft of personal items from an employee at the Islander Resort.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to threats. The reporting deputy arrived and made contact with the involved person. A report was taken.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped and ticketed a motorist for speeding in the school zone on Center Road in front of the Lopez Island school.