The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• Lopez deputies responded to a possible theft of a chainsaw. The possible suspect was gone on arrival. Information was collected for further investigation.
• A Lopez deputy and a Public Works employee responded to a downed tree on Lopez Sound Road. The tree had trapped a non-local couple who were looking at property and considering moving. The tree was removed, and the couple has not been seen back on Lopez since then.
• Lopez deputies assisted a Clallam deputy in locating a pair of missing individuals. The couple relocated to Lopez Island abruptly. They left all of their possessions in a rental unit in Sequim and did not tell anyone they were moving, leading local law enforcement to believe they were missing.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of an agency assist involving a possible missing person from another jurisdiction. The person was not located and the incident was documented.
• Deputies were dispatched to a reported domestic, not in progress. An investigation concluded it was verbal and the parties separated with no arrest.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for speed, driving left of center and failing to stop at a stop sign. The driver was issued an infraction for traveling 52 miles per hour in a posted 35 miles per hour speed zone.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of trespassing. An individual was arrested and booked for criminal trespass 1st degree.
• A deputy received a report of a Domestic in Friday Harbor. The investigation showed that there was just a verbal argument.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a request for a welfare check from an outside agency. A missing person was possibly in Friday Harbor. Dispatch identified the person at a local motel. The deputy contacted the person who advised they were not going to harm themselves and needed assistance.
• Deputy conducted a traffic stop in the 1200 block of Roche Harbor Road. The driver was issued an infraction for no proof of insurance and expired vehicle registration.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a welfare check as a dog sitter did not return a dog. The deputy contacted the sitter, who sounded intoxicated on the phone. Upon arrival, the sitter was about to leave their house to drive the dog home. The dog was returned by the deputy.
• A report of theft was investigated and determined to be civil between family members regarding family photos. A trespass notice was issued.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle as the driver was not wearing a safety belt and the registration expired in April 2020. The driver was issued an infraction for expired registration over two months.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle as the owner had a suspended driver’s license. The driver was arrested for Driving While License Suspended in the second degree and an illegal knife was located on their person. The vehicle was impounded and a search warrant was executed, where suspected methamphetamine and heroin were located.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a physical domestic. One individual was arrested for assault 4 – DV and was booked into jail.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle in a driveway. The driver was found to be intoxicated and was arrested for DUI and Driving While License Suspended in the 3rd degree. They were booked into jail and were issued several infractions.
• A deputy on San Juan Island stopped a driver with a suspended driver’s license. The driver was arrested for Driving While License Suspended in the third degree and operating a vehicle without an ignition interlock. The driver was issued infractions for no insurance, no registration in vehicle, no child restraint and failure to notify the Department of Licensing.
• A deputy on San Juan Island stopped a driver for speeding. The driver was issued an infraction for speed, 44 in a 25-mile-per-hour zone.
• Deputies on San Juan Island responded to a report of a person choking. Deputies assisted EMS until the victim was transported to the hospital.
• Deputies on Orcas Island responded to a suspicious circumstance call.
• A deputy on Orcas Island responded to a dog-at-large call. The owner was issued a notice of infraction for a violation of San Juan County Code – SJC6.08.085.3 – Dog at Large third or Subsequent Offence.
• A Deputy on Orcas Island responded to a report of a vehicle in a ditch. The driver was charged with taking a motor vehicle without permission, having no valid operator’s license and providing false information to a public servant.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to an animal problem call in Eastsound. The dog was found and taken into quarantine as it had attacked livestock. After the investigation was completed all animals were found to be unharmed. The owner of the dog was given a citation.
• A deputy on San Juan Island responded to a report of a single vehicle that slid off the roadway. The vehicle was towed out, no major damage to the vehicle, and no injuries to the driver.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a vandalism case. The window of a vehicle in a private driveway was smashed late at night. A report was drafted for insurance purposes.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a possible accident in Eastsound. Dispatch was notified by an iPhone that detected its owner had been involved in a possible collision. After an investigation was completed every person involved was unharmed. A report was taken.
• Deputies on San Juan Island were dispatched to a report of an unwanted person. The person was found to have multiple warrants and was taken into custody for the warrants as well as Criminal Impersonation in the first degree.
• A deputy on San Juan Island responded to a medical problem in the jail. The in-custody individual was transported to the hospital where they were evaluated and treated. The individual was released from the hospital and was cleared to return to jail. A report was completed.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a wanted person call. The suspect was found, arrested and transported to Friday Harbor and booked in jail.
• An intoxicated Lopez Island man was arrested for domestic violence. During the transport to the boat, the individual deliberately fell down and began bashing his head into the gravel parking area. Lopez EMS was dispatched to care for the man’s wounds. He was booked into jail.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of fraud. The case is still under investigation.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a threat. The reporting party was off-island at another location in Washington and was receiving threatening messages from a local resident. The messages did not constitute a criminal offense and the incident was documented.
• A deputy on Orcas Island responded to a single-vehicle collision. The occupants were not injured. The vehicle was towed.
• Deputies on San Juan Island responded to a citizen assist. It was reported that an individual was saying threating things and making gestures that felt threatening to the reporting party. After further investigation, an individual was issued a citation for harassment. A report was completed.