The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A vehicle was stopped for having their registration expire in March 2016. The driver had no license or proof of insurance.
• A Lopez Island man was stopped at cited for speeding on Hummel Lake Road.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to check on sheep in the roadway. The sheep were out in a pasture when the deputy arrived. Nearby residents were contacted to help determine the owner.
• At 5:05 p.m. Peace Island Medical Center staff contacted the sheriff’s office in reference to a dog bite. A deputy responded and took a report of the incident.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Port of Friday Harbor Spring Street Landing regarding the report of a trespass violation. The reporting party observed that the alleged trespasser drove a silver van which was parked in the lower parking lot. Upon the deputy’s arrival, the deputy observed the same silver colored van leaving.
• Deputies were dispatched to a domestic dispute in Friday Harbor. After further investigation, it was found to be verbal only and parties separated with no further incident.
• San Juan County deputies recognized a subject that had warrants in Eastsound. The subject was arrested. A controlled substance was found on the person. The subject was booked into jail due to the warrant and felony possession of drugs.
• A victim contacted the sheriff’s office in Friday Harbor in reference to fraud. The victim was part of a data breach at a local business. Personal information about the victim and a child were accessed. An informational report was taken for documentation.
• A San Juan Island deputy responded to the report of an intoxicated male who was found in a family’s driveway, in their van, drunk and honking the horn. The male was contacted and arrested and booked into jail, pending court.
• At approximately 6:35 p.m, a San Juan Island deputy arrived at the intersection of Beaverton Valley Road and Scheffer Drive in reference to a non-injury two vehicle collision. One driver was issued a criminal citation for driving with a suspended license in the third degree. A police traffic collision report was completed.
• A Bellingham man reported a suspicious looking man on the south end of Lopez Island. The subject was gone when the deputy arrived. No further action was necessary.
• At approximately 1 p.m a brown bifold wallet was turned into dispatch at the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office in Friday Harbor. The wallet contained a Washington State Enhanced Driver’s License, an insurance card, a Costco Card, and a Mastercard Debit Card.
• Deputies were dispatched to a domestic incident in Eastsound. One of the parties was removed and a report was taken.
• At 6:37 p.m a deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of an assault. The victim was punched several times causing injury to his face. The suspect was arrested for assault in the fourth degree and was booked into the jail.
• A Lopez Island deputy contacted a resident about a noncompliant backyard burn. Information was provided to the resident on what materials are appropriate to burn and others that should be disposed of by other means. The resident promised to be in compliance with the rules in the future. No further action necessary.
• A Lopez Island woman reported an abandoned vehicle near her workplace. A deputy identified the owner of the vehicle, who agreed to remove the vehicle later in the day. No further action necessary.
• A San Juan County Deputy and Orcas Fire and EMS crews responded to a rollover collision near Eastsound. Field tests were performed and the driver was not believed to be impaired. He was cited for driving with a suspended license and for violating his ignition interlock requirement. An ignition interlock is a device that is often required by the state if someone is charged with a DUI. It works like a breathalyzer and prohibits the car from starting if alcohol is detected.
• A Lopez Island resident requested information on how to have an abandoned vehicle removed from private property. A deputy inspected the vehicle in question and provided suggestions for removal.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched for sheep-at-large in a resident’s yard. A likely owner was identified and attempts were made to contact him.
• A Decatur Island resident reported feral sheep being killed. A report was taken.
• A deputy initiated a traffic stop in Friday Harbor and the driver was issued an infraction for speeding.
• Lopez deputies responded to a rollover crash on Lopez Sound Road. The driver had minor injuries and was transported to the clinic by EMS responders.