The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a complaint of the drugging of a community member. The victim was interviewed and transported to the hospital for examination.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of people taking driftwood from National Parks land. While driving to the call, the deputy observed a vehicle matching the description and stopped it as the trailer did not have a license plate. The driver received multiple citations.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of child abuse.
• A San Juan resident reported an unknown person inside his residential garage. A deputy located the suspect, who was identified.
• A deputy on Orcas collected firearms from a citizen who no longer wanted them.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a burglary at a business in Friday Harbor. Evidence was collected but there were no cameras in the area and are no suspects at this time.
• A San Juan issued a juvenile driver citations for not having a valid license with identification and for operating a motor vehicle without insurance. The parent was also mailed a citation for allowing a minor to drive without a license.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of vandalism in Friday Harbor where a window was broken out of a vehicle. There were no cameras in the area, and there is no suspect information at this time.
• A Lopez citizen asked a deputy to dispose of some old rifle ammunition.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic assault and arrested a juvenile for fourth-degree domestic violence assault. The juvenile was transported to the sheriff’s office.
• San Juan deputies responded to a domestic disturbance at the ferry terminal. When the deputies arrived, one person had left and the other remained. An investigation determined no crime had happened and the remaining person was released.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched with Orcas Fire and Rescue to a vessel accident with injuries.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a burglary in Friday Harbor. Partial fingerprints were lifted from a window but there were no cameras in the area and a suspect description could not be obtained.
• A GoPro camera was found on the ground at the top of Mt. Constitution and turned over to deputies at the Orcas sub-station for safekeeping.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a suspicious circumstance. After an investigation, however, it was determined no crime had been committed.
• A deputy was dispatched to an accident in Friday Harbor. When the deputy contacted the driver involved in the accident, they were arrested for driving on a suspended license. The accident was not reportable.
• Lopez ferry workers called for assistance with a problem driver. The driver was later located and cited.
• A couple visiting Lopez backed their truck into a ditch and got stuck. A Lopez deputy helped the couple connect with a local tow service.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a vehicle driven by someone known to have a suspended driver’s license. Charges for the suspension were forwarded to the court. The driver received a citation for not having proof of motor vehicle insurance.
• San Juan deputies gave a citation to a speeding driver on Mullis Street for traveling 56 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for a defective brake light. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree and received a citation for the defective brake light.
• Orcas deputies responded to a call of an unknown subject who allegedly attempted to solicit explicit photographs from a minor via Snapchat.
• San Juan deputies responded to a caller who said they had broken a window at a residence. Deputies observed a broken window, obtained a video of the incident, and arrested the person for malicious mischief and trespassing.
• An Orcas deputy recovered a found credit card.
• A San Juan arrested a driver for driving with a suspended license in the third degree, and issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for driving left of center. The driver, who admitted using a cell phone while driving was issued a citation for driving left of center and for a defective brake light.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a roadside “free pile” that contained rotting meat. The owner was contacted, and immediately removed the offending items.
• A deputy was dispatched to a theft in Friday Harbor. The deputy contacted the people involved who came to an agreement.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for traveling 50 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for not having current vehicle registration or valid insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for driving 40 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on a person after family members were unable to reach them for a couple of days. The person was located and asked to contact their concerned family.
• A Lopez deputy spoke to a resident about an ongoing civil issue.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 55 mph in a 35 mph zone.