The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of an unoccupied aluminum skiff adrift in the San Juan Channel and brought it back to the Port of Friday Harbor. If you are missing your skiff, please contact the Sheriff’s Office to identify it.
• A deputy took a report of a pair of lost Airpods from a school district on Orcas. There are no leads as to where the Airpods may have gone.
• A deputy on Lopez deputy was dispatched to a threats call.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle driving too fast on Center Road on Lopez and issued them a citation for speeding.
• A deputy on San Juan had a vehicle towed because it was parked in the lane of travel.
• A deputy responded to a request was dispatched to a safekeeping call on San Juan. The caller, who was out of the county, wanted another person to turn over firearms.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a call about mail theft.
• A San Juan deputy observed someone stealing from a local grocery store; however, the individual had entered their vehicle and drove away before the deputy could contact them. Ultimately, the person was arrested for 3rd-degree theft and driving with a suspended license-3rd degree.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to an animal problem after the caller said that two dogs were attacking their livestock and were subsequently shot. Criminal charges are pending for the dog’s owner for allowing the dogs to be a public nuisance.
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported trespassing in the Friday Harbor area. The area was checked and a camp was located but no person was on the scene.
• A Lopez deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Fisherman Bay Road and issued them a citation for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy responded to assist EMS with a person experiencing a medical episode. During the assistance, a spring blade knife was found in the person’s pocket. The knife was booked and the report was submitted to the prosecuting attorney’s office.
• On Orcas, a deputy responded to a fraud callback. The reporting party stated their mother had fallen for a possible scam and needed to make a report. The case is ongoing.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic incident in Friday Harbor. The deputy arrived and contacted the parent and a child arguing about chores; both agreed to give the other space.
• Deputies responded to a Friday Harbor residence about a report of a trespassing male. It was determined he was not trespassing.
• A Lopez deputy was approached and notified of an assault that had occurred.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a possible domestic incident near West Sound. After an investigation, it appeared no crime had been committed.
• A deputy was contacted by a Lopezian who reported their dogs had gotten loose.
• A deputy was dispatched to a callback regarding the hunting incident that occurred over the weekend on Lopez. The caller provided information they believed to be pertinent.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to an agency assist callback regarding the hunting incident that occurred over the weekend. The caller was with the Bureau of Land Management.
• On Lopez, a deputy was dispatched to a callback regarding the hunting incident that occurred over the weekend. The caller had located an item while hiking in the area. It was later collected by the responding deputy.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a citation for speeding .
• A deputy responded to a suspicious call regarding the hunting incident that occurred on Lopez. The reporting party provided information they believed to be pertinent to the investigation.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a callback regarding the hunting incident that occurred over the weekend. The caller had been on the scene during the incident and wanted to provide additional information.
• A deputy on Lopez was dispatched to a theft. The caller reported car parts were stolen from their vehicle.
• A deputy took a call regarding a recent animal-at-large case on Lopez. The caller wanted to make sure the Sheriff’s office was aware of the incident and to whom the animal belonged.