The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• Sheriff’s Office personnel on San Juan were called to assist an unattended vessel that was dragging anchor in gale conditions. The vessel was successfully secured and the owner contacted.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a walk-in report of a traffic offense.
• A Lopez deputy euthanized an injured car-struck deer.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of someone who may have consumed too much alcohol and was making concerning statements. The subject was arrested for obstructing, resisting arrest, third-degree assault, second-degree attempted escape and a violation of alcohol conditions.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez residence about a burglary complaint. An investigation determined nothing was missing from the reporting person’s residence and there was no conclusive evidence that a crime was committed.
• A deputy on San Juan booked a subject into jail for an outstanding local misdemeanor warrant.
• A Lopez resident contacted deputies about a fraudulent phone call she had received.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of an assault. An investigation revealed no crime had been committed.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a single-vehicle collision. The driver was transported via ambulance to the medical center for further evaluation.
• A deputy on San Juan issued citations to a driver for having an expired vehicle registration and for not having proof of current insurance. The driver received a warning for defective taillights, for not having a driver’s license on their person and for failing to change the address on their driver’s license.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to investigate the natural death of a local resident. The coroner was contacted.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor responded to a walk-in report of fraud. After talking with the reporting party the deputy determined that there was no monetary loss and no personal information was obtained.
• A Lopez deputy was called to investigate the unauthorized removal of trees from a resident’s property. The responsible parties will be contacted and criminally charged, if appropriate.
• A deputy received a delayed report of a threats call in Friday Harbor. The reporting party told the deputy that the person who was threatened did not want to report it at this time. The deputy asked the reporting party to encourage the threatened person to come in and provide a statement.
• Deputies responded to a call at the Orcas Ferry landing about a driver who was known to have a suspended driver’s license. Deputies contacted the driver and found he was further in violation of an ignition interlock driver’s requirement. The subject was arrested and booked into jail.
• A Lopez man was issued a citation for driving 31 mph in a 20 mph zone. The speeding driver was the subject of several traffic offense complaints, including one the previous day.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for passing a school bus that was stopped.
• Lopez deputies are investigating threats to a resident originating from an internet classifieds website.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for speeding 42 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area about a disturbance.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a warning for having a defective taillight.
• A Lopez deputy checked on a report of a person shooting at deer from a vehicle on Richardson Road. The vehicle was gone when the deputy arrived in the area.
• A driver on Lopez was issued a warning for speeding.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a domestic dispute in Friday Harbor. The incident was found to be verbal only.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a found property call. Contact was made with the owner and the property will be reunited with its owner.
• A Lopez deputy was called to be present for a civil standby.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of a non-injury accident. The vehicle became stuck while turning around, but the driver was able to get back on the road prior to the deputies’ arrival.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver citations for not having proof of liability insurance and for an open alcoholic container. The driver also received a warning for speeding.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a warning for failing to yield the right of way.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a warning for having a defective headlamp.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of found property. The owner was identified and the property returned.
• A deputy responded to a report of an abandoned vehicle complaint on Orcas. The registered owner was contacted and the vehicle was removed.
• A deputy responded to an animal-at-large complaint in the Eastsound area.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a speeding citation for traveling 52 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy performed a civil standby for a separating couple.
• On two separate occasions, Lopez deputies issued drivers warnings for speeding.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 45 mph in a posted 35 mph speed zone. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and was issued citations for speeding and for having an expired registration of more than two months.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver for having an expired registration of more than two months.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of an unwanted person and removed the person from the property.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of an unleashed dog. The dog’s owner was issued a citation for a dog-at-large, first-offense.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a warning for driving with wheels left of the center-line.
• A deputy responded to a report of a juvenile problem in Friday Harbor. A report was made and forwarded to Child Protective Services.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 52 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a warning for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a warning for having an obstructed license plate.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a warning for having a malfunctioning headlamp.