The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to the sound of a weapon near Eastsound and found that a bullet had gone through a window and a wall. An investigation was completed.
• San Juan deputies took a report of fraud at the Sheriff’s office. An investigation revealed the incident to be a civil matter.
• A deputy responded to a reported theft near Eastsound. Some items had been taken out of a mailbox. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy conducted a welfare check in Friday Harbor. The subject was contacted and a report was made.
• A deputy responded to a report of a suspicious person in Friday Harbor and made a report.
• A deputy stopped a driver in Eastsound for having an expired registration and discovered the driver of the vehicle also had a suspended license. He was arrested and searched and found to be the possession of a controlled substance. Subsequently, the driver was transported off-island and booked into the county jail.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of a dog-at-large. The owner of the dog was later issued a citation for having a dog-at-large, first offense.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding in Friday Harbor. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance and a warning for speeding.
• Deputies contacted a person with a felony Department of Corrections warrant in Friday Harbor. While being placed under arrest, the person assaulted a deputy.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a missing person. After an extensive search, the missing person was located.
• On San Juan, deputies stopped the driver of a vehicle for failing to stop at a stop sign. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license and issued citations for driving without insurance and failing to stop at a stop sign.
• Deputies responded to a report of someone sleeping on a trail in Friday Harbor. The subject was transported to the hospital and deputies filed a report.
• Deputies on San Juan stopped a driver for failing to stop at a stop sign and speeding. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and issued citations for speeding, failing to stop at a stop and for not having insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a person screaming profanities. The person was contacted and the deputy filed a report.
• A deputy was contacted about a case of fraud on San Juan. The caller reported someone attempted to open an account using their social security number. There has been no loss at this time.
• A deputy investigated a citizen dispute at a business on Lopez. An altercation occurred after a boater tried to dock at a location that was closed to overnight moorage. None of the involved persons wanted to pursue a formal complaint.
• Deputies responded to a report of a woman stumbling around in a grass field in the Eastsound area. Contact was made with the intoxicated individual and, after a medical evaluation, she was left at home with her significant other.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a call concerning overnight moorage at a local marina. The manager said the vessel in question had made arrangements to start a long term slip rental and this was not a violation of the county health department order on transient moorage.
• A Lopez resident found a cell phone and gave it to a deputy. The deputy took a report and the phone was secured in evidence until the owner can be identified.
• A deputy was dispatched to a suspicious circumstance in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy arrived and located a seriously intoxicated person sleeping. San Juan Aid was dispatched and a report was completed.
• A Lopez deputy received a report of trespassing and harassment. The matter is under investigation.
• A deputy was contacted regarding a landlord/tenant dispute on Lopez.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a notice of citation for speeding, 58 mph in a 35 mph zone. The person was also arrested for driving with a suspended license, third degree.
• The sheriff’s office on San Juan was contacted about some lost property.
• Deputies investigated an identity theft on San Juan. There are no suspects or workable leads at this time and the caller was referred to follow up with the state attorney general’s office.
• A San Juan deputy arrested a driver for driving with a suspended license, second degree. The driver was released with the understanding that the courts would contact them with a date of a court appearance. The driver was also issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted in reference to a fraud. The caller said they had been contacted about filing for unemployment except the called person had not filed for unemployment.
• On San Juan, a deputy was contacted in reference to a fraud. The caller said they received an email from their employer advising that the person being called had filed for unemployment. The person stated this was not so.
• San Juan deputies responded to four more reports of fraud. There are no workable leads at this time.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of domestic violence in progress. The suspect was later transported to the medical center for an evaluation.