The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• Deputies were called to investigate a report of a death in Friday Harbor. The death did not appear to be suspicious; a report was
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a suspicious circumstance regarding people on a vessel that did not belong to them. Contact was made with those on the vessel and the situation was determined to be civil in nature at this time.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a death in Eastsound. An investigation revealed the subject died of natural causes. A report was completed.
• Deputies received a report of a person with a suspended driver’s license driving on Lopez. Following an investigation, the report was determined to be unfounded.
• A deputy responded to a report of harassment in Eastsound and filed a report.
• On Orcas, a deputy assisted a counselor in Eastsound with an involuntary treatment act of an individual in distress.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a single-vehicle collision. The incident turned out to be a verbal domestic incident and a person was arrested for violating a no-contact order.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for having an expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for having an open alcohol container in the car.
• A deputy responded to a report of a domestic dispute in the Friday Harbor area. When the deputy contacted the caller, the caller said both people had left the area.
• A wallet found in Friday Harbor was entered into evidence.
• San Juan deputies took a report of an incident with a hostile subject. No crime was reported.
• A deputy was contacted about a citizen dispute on San Juan. The caller said they were involved in an argument with another person.
• A deputy responded to a report of a domestic incident n the Friday Harbor area. When the deputy arrived and contacted the people involved, the incident was found to be verbal only and no crime had been committed.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for lane traveling and speeding. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and issued multiple citations
• Deputies took a report of possible trespassing and illegal drug use on Lopez.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle in Friday Harbor for improper lane use and an expired registration of more than two months.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to investigate gunshots heard shortly after dark and discovered the shots were fired in defense of chickens against marauding raccoons. The property owner reported all the chickens were alive and accounted for.
• A Lopez deputy was called to investigate a suspicious vehicle and discovered people in an RV had set up camp along the county road because all of the campgrounds were closed. A discussion of “non-essential” travel evolved into plans for an early departure.
• On Lopez, a deputy checked a vehicle for switched plates after discovering a registration discrepancy. Further investigation revealed there was no violation and the plates matched the vehicle. No enforcement action was taken.
•An injured owl along Mud Bay Road prompted deputies to stand by and protect the owl until representatives of Wolf Hollow could arrive to take the owl for care.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a citizen dispute and contacted all parties involved.