The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a trespass on Stuart Island. The case is still under investigation.
• On Lopez, a deputy responded to a fraud call. An elderly resident reported responding to a scam email. Thankfully the individual was advised by a friend to stop before they sent any money to a scammer.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 43 MPH in a posted 25 MPH speed zone and issued them a citation for speeding.
• On San Juan, a deputy stopped and issued the driver of a vehicle a citation for speeding for traveling 60 MPH in a posted 45 MPH speed zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area about a Wanted Person. One person was taken into custody on two San Juan District Court Warrants, and booked into custody.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 63 MPH in a posted 45 MPH speed zone and issued them a citation for speeding.
• On San Juan, a deputy was contacted about a missing person. The caller reported that there’s been no contact with a family member since 2013. The caller had recently received information that caused concern about the missing person. A report was made and the missing person was entered into WASIC/NCIC a missing person.
• A deputy on San Juan conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a speeding citation for traveling 40 MPH in a posted 25 MPH speed zone.
• A male exposed himself to a local restaurant in Eastsound. The subject was later located and booked into the San Juan County Jail for his actions.
• A deputy responded to a residence on Orcas for a health crisis. The subject was transported by EMS to receive treatment.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding and driving left of center. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• A deputy responded to an accident-with-no-injury call in Eastsound. A report was taken for insurance purposes.
• On San Juan, a deputy was dispatched to an unattended hit-and-run. One person was arrested and released on a citation.
• A school official on Lopez requested assistance with a juvenile problem. An assault investigation is underway.
• A deputy responded to an accident with possible injury in Eastsound. After an investigation was completed and the victims were evaluated and released, the driver at fault was given a citation.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of found property in the Friday Harbor area. A business turned over a purse left behind the day before, and the deputy entered it into evidence.
• Deputies responded to an Orcas residence about a citizen dispute. After further investigation, it was determined that one person was violating a no-contact order. The subject was arrested and booked into San Juan County jail.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a death investigation.
• On San Juan, a deputy responded to a found property report. A business turned an item over to the Sheriff’s Office which was entered into evidence.
• A deputy was dispatched to a burglary in the Friday Harbor area. A business had been entered and some of the products were damaged. The investigation continues.
• A deputy received reports of ongoing vandalism to the Lopez village restrooms.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic incident in Friday Harbor. After an argument, one party blocked the driveway with heavy machinery. The machinery was moved and the parties separated.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to an order violation. The respondent had recently been made aware of the out-of-county order multiple times. Deputies located the respondent and the protected party who were together. The respondent was taken into custody and booked into the San Juan County jail.
• On San Juan, A deputy responded to a report of someone banging on an office door. The individual intended to spend the night inside of a county building that they had been trespassed from. The individual was taken into custody and booked into jail for criminal trespassing – 1st degree.