The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for expired registration. The driver was arrested for failure to transfer title within 45 days and was released with a citation for the transfer issue and a citation for an expired registration.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of an order violation. After further investigation the respondent of the order was arrested for violating a domestic violence no-contact order.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a burglary in Friday Harbor. During the investigation, deputies located two buildings which had been vandalized as well as multiple vehicle prowls. The suspects were later located.
• A deputy responded to a report of a vandalism to a mailbox on Orcas. The caller stated his mailbox was damaged sometime overnight. The deputy took photos, bent the mailbox back into shape and completed a report.
• A deputy received a call about found drug paraphernalia in Eastsound. The items were collected.
• A Decatur resident received an attempted fraud scam call. No personal identifying information was given.
• Deputies were dispatched to a domestic disturbance in the Eastsound area. No crime was found to have been committed and deputies connected one of the individuals involved with a designated crisis responder with Compass Heath.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a trespassing complaint. The suspect was later located and was issued a trespass warning letter.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a motorcycle for traveling 82 mph in a posted 45 mph speed zone. The rider was issued a citation.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a complaint of a threat.
• Deputies responded to a Lopez residence after receiving a report of yelling. One of the individuals involved had conditions of release for a recent arrest, and the report was forwarded to the prosecutor’s office.
• San Juan deputies received a report of a suspicious incident. No crime appeared to have occurred.
• San Juan deputies conducted a traffic stop for an equipment violation in Friday Harbor. The driver was found to have a suspended license. He was issued a citation for driving with a suspended license – third degree and a warning for the equipment violation.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a trespassing complaint.
• A deputy on Lopez was notified of a decommissioned fire vehicle being driven with red lights still attached. The driver was contacted, and is leaving Washington state.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a long running disturbance between a mother and son. Both parties were encouraged to politely discuss their concerns.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding a civil issue between a homeowner and a renter. Solutions were offered.
• Along with Orcas Fire and Emergency Medical Services personnel, an Orcas deputy responded to a missing person complaint. The victim was located unharmed in a wooded area not far from her residence.
• San Juan deputies noted a speeding vehicle on West Side Rd. The driver was issued a speeding citation for driving 66 mph in a 45 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of chickens having been left without food in a too-small enclosure. The complaint was determined to be unfounded.
•A deputy in Friday Harbor stopped a motorcycle for negligent driving. The driver was cited by mail for negligent driving in the second degree.
• A Lopez man was trespassed from a grocery store after the manager observed him making inappropriate comments to female staff members.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of malicious mischief in the Friday Harbor area. The caller was contacted and described how their vehicle had been damaged. Photos were taken and a report was completed.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a dog bite on San Juan. The owner and the victim were contacted and a bite report was completed.
• Deputies responded to a report of vandalism in Friday Harbor. Deputies checked the area but no suspects were located.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted an agency assist for the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services and filed a report.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a customer leaving a restaurant without paying. The owner did not wish to pursue theft charges, but asked that the person be trespassed.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for a defective brake light. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a domestic violence incident. A person was arrested and booked for fourth-degree domestic violence assault.
• A Lopez deputy was called to a reported non-injury crash on Bakerview Rd. On arrival, an unattended vehicle was found, front wheels in the ditch partially blocking the road. The driver had misjudged while attempting a three-point turn.
• The reporting deputy was contacted in reference to a hit-and-run accident. The caller said their vehicle had been damaged. There is no suspect nor evidence at this time.
• A deputy conducted a late-night area check at the Westsound County Dock and found a vessel which had been previously issued numerous citations for unlawful overnight moorage. The deputy issued yet another citation.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in Friday Harbor. The person was contacted and found to be intoxicated in violation of a court order.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of an animal problem and documented the incident.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a welfare check. The subject was transported by EMS and an order violation was forwarded to the probation officer.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for a defective headlamp and an expired registration. The driver was arrested for driving on a suspended driver’s license and a trip permit violation, and issued citations for having an expired registration and no insurance.
• Lopez deputy took a report from a resident about a theft. A road sign and its post were removed sometime over the weekend. There is no suspect information or workable leads at this time.
• A Lopez deputy received a noise complaint regarding an ultralight aircraft. The aircraft was not located or identified.
• A deputy took a report from a person at a church on Lopez about an intoxicated subject leaving a series of rambling, disjointed voicemail messages on the church phone line. The person is unknown at the church.
• A deputy responded to a report of a vehicle theft in Friday Harbor. The vehicle was not located and a report was made.