The San Juan Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy took a report from a person who had declined suspicious charges on their account. The victim incurred no loss and no suspect information was available.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of mail theft on Orcas.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of an unconscious person and found them to be deceased.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of theft involving a bench that had been stolen from a local business in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy took a report of a civil issue in Eastsound. Later the deputy made contact with parties removing property from a structure the landlord believed to be his. The circumstances are believed to be civil but further investigation is being conducted.
• For information only, a deputy on San Juan received a report of a citizen assist.
• A camera reported stolen from the Eastsound Village Green was located and recovered. The theft report was unfounded.
• An Orcas resident was caught on camera shoplifting from a local market. The resident was identified and contacted at his residence. The individual was trespassed from the business and charges may be pending.
• A Lopez deputy responded when he heard an individual yelling from the Mackaye Harbor area. Upon investigation, the individual was found to be heavily intoxicated, walking around yelling, but not committing any crimes. The individual stumbled back to their house and the deputy disengaged.
• A private security from a privately-owned peninsula observed two intoxicated individuals walking near their property. A Lopez deputy responded, but the individuals were gone by the time the deputy arrived.
• On San Juan, a deputy responded to a report of a runaway juvenile. The deputy was able to locate the juvenile who was taken into protective custody.
• A deputy received a report of a theft of goods from an Eastsound store. Surveillance footage showed the theft and the suspect is known. The case is under further investigation.
• On Orcas, a deputy responded to and took a report of threats made in a call to a local business. A man reportedly threatened to cause harm to the property if he wasn’t satisfied with the outcome of his service.
• A report was completed involving a landlord on Lopez who continues to violate landlord/tenant laws and refuses to follow the proper eviction process.
• Deputies on San Juan were dispatched to a report of an unwanted person. A trespass letter was issued.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a citizen assist call. The caller was concerned about her husband’s health and needed assistance in getting him home safely.
• A Lopez deputy conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for failing to wear a seatbelt and received a warning for expired insurance.
• A Lopez deputy conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for failing to wear a seatbelt. The driver was also given a warning for failing to use turn signals, failing to stop at a stop sign, and having expired registration, and expired insurance.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle and issued them a speeding citation for traveling 42 mph in a posted 25 mph speed zone.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for not wearing a seatbelt. The driver was issued citations for not wearing a seatbelt and for an expired registration and additional warnings.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a found property complaint. Unable to locate the owner, the property was booked into evidence.
• On San Juan as part of Washington State Target Zero Seat Belt Emphasis patrol, a driver was stopped and issued a citation for not wearing their safety belt.
• A Lopez deputy conducted a traffic stop. The driver received a citation for expired registration and a warning for speeding and expired insurance.
• As part of the Washington State Target Zero Seat Belt Emphasis patrol, a driver on San Juan was stopped and issued a citation for not wearing their safety belt.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for not wearing a seatbelt. The driver received a citation for said offense.
• A Lopez deputy conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a citation for failing to wear a seatbelt, and warnings for expired insurance and not having a driver’s license on their person.
• The driver of a vehicle on San Juan was stopped and cited for not wearing a seatbelt.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of an unwanted person. The person was contacted and trespassed at the request of the property owner.
• Deputies responded to a rapid SOS call of a possible vehicle collision on Orcas. Later information revealed that a cell phone, likely left on top of a vehicle, had fallen from the vehicle and initiated the call. The cell phone was gathered as found property.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for not wearing their seatbelt properly and for using their cell phone while driving. The deputy issued the driver a citation for cellphone use and additional warnings.
• A deputy was flagged down by a citizen in need of assistance. The subject’s bicycle had a damaged wheel and was unrideable. Since it was his only means of transportation, the deputy transported him to a business in Eastsound that could assist.
• A deputy on San Juan Island was dispatched to a citizen assist that was civil in nature.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy conducted a traffic stop citing the driver for not wearing a seatbelt.
• A deputy on San Juan Island conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver citations for traveling 37 mph in a posted 25 mph zone and for not wearing their seatbelt.
• A Lopez resident reported problems at home. Non-law enforcement resources were suggested.
• Deputies and a ranger at Moran State Park responded to an assault in the park. One person was charged with assault in the fourth degree.
• A Lopez resident reported a court order violation. Charges will be forwarded to district court.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a trespassing/theft call. An intoxicated individual entered a residential property and took a boat accessory. The item was recovered without incident and a trespass warning letter was issued.
• A deputy on San Juan Island stopped the driver of a vehicle and cited them for speeding 39 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez resident called about an alleged explosion that occurred 15 years ago on the island.
• Deputies on San Juan were dispatched to a report of a person being shot at with a pellet gun. At the time, no suspects had been identified.
• A traffic stop on Roche Harbor Road resulted in a driver being issued a citation for speeding – 67 mph in a marked 45 mph speed zone.
• A deputy on Orcas initiated an investigation in response to a theft complaint.
• A Lopez man was reminded of his permanent trespass status from a local business. A copy of the related paperwork was provided.
• Staff at the Family Resource Center on Lopez reported attempts to break into their food share delivery van.
• An Orcas deputy received a theft complaint and initiated an investigation.
• A deputy on San Juan received a report of a found wallet. Since the owner was unable to be located, the wallet was secured in the property room for safekeeping.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a phishing scam.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to an ongoing landlord-tenant dispute.
• Deputies responded to a domestic incident in Friday Harbor. After talking with the parties involved, it was learned that the incident was verbal in nature, and information on Safe San Juans was provided.