The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A county parks employee brought found property to the Sheriff’s office in Friday Harbor.
• A driver on Center Road on Lopez was stopped and given a warning for speeding but received a citation for an expired car registration.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver citations for not having a valid driver’s license with identification and for driving a motor vehicle without insurance.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a plane crash. Both occupants were evaluated by EMS.
• A deputy responded to a suspicious call in Eastsound.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a verbal domestic dispute.
• Unknown persons removed a portable toilet from its location at the Mackaye Harbor boat ramp on Lopez.
• A deputy on San Juan interviewed a person who reported harassment. The victim decided not to pursue criminal charges at this time.
• Lopez County Land Bank staff reported the theft of a Yew tree from Lopez Hill.
• A deputy responded to a trespassing call near Eastsound. The property owner signed a trespass warning letter, which was given to the suspect.
• A deputy on San Juan took a dog that was running in traffic to the shelter.
• A Lopez deputy took a call from a citizen who was concerned about a conversation they had with their neighbor about parking. The deputy suggested consulting the HOA for clarity.
• San Juan deputies arrested a person with a suspended driver’s license who was seen driving on Orcas.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for traveling 55 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of domestic assault in Friday Harbor; arrested the suspect and booked them into jail.
• San Juan deputy stopped a driver for a suspended driver’s license and issued them citations for driving with a suspended license in the third degree and for operating a motor vehicle without insurance.
• A Lopez resident reported damage from a hit-and-run collision that occurred at the ferry terminal parking lot.
• A deputy on San Juan received a report from Adult Protective Services. The alleged victim was contacted. No criminal activity occurred.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a citation for traveling 16 mph over the limit.
• A deputy responded to a domestic assault report near Eastsound. The suspect was a juvenile.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a call involving a dog that swam from Spencer’s Spit State Park to Frost Island to chase a bird. A park ranger retrieved the dog and returned it to the owner.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of a domestic dispute.
• San Juan deputies responded to a domestic disturbance between a mother and her teen daughter.
• A deputy stopped and arrested a driver on San Juan for driving under the influence.
• San Juan deputies responded to a collision with minor injuries. The driver did not appear intoxicated.
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported domestic assault on San Juan. After speaking with all people involved, the deputy determined that the incident did not rise to the level of a crime.
• A deputy on San Juan came across a disabled vehicle in the roadway and assisted the motorist with pushing the vehicle into a safe location.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a fight in front of a business. The subjects had separated before law enforcement arrived. No crime had been committed. However, one of the individuals was trespassed from the business.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic incident. An investigation revealed the incident to have been verbal only.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 51 miles per hour in a 35 miles per hour zone.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to reported trespassing. The deputy found the subject who was then served a warning letter.
• A deputy esponded to a theft call in Eastsound. The suspect was caught on surveillance. A report was forwarded to the prosecutor’s office.
• A Lopez resident reported to deputies that someone had taken two flags (Pride and Progress) displayed on private property.
• Deputies were dispatched to a welfare check at an Eastsound business.
• After responding to a reported sex offense in Friday Harbor, a deputy filed a report.
• A deputy investigated a report of another sex offense on San Juan.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a trespassing call in Eastsound, identified the subject, and forwarded the case to the prosecutor’s office.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a trespassing call in Eastsound. The suspect was given a warning letter and told that if they entered the business again they would be arrested.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding, 18 mph over the speed limit on Center Road.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to report of a problem with a juvenile.
• A deputy met with a Lopez resident who complained about being harassed after stating that a neighbor photographed him and accused him of violating his community HOA rules. The involved parties spoke and appeared to have resolved the matter.
• Orcas deputies responded to a reported domestic disturbance and determined, after an investigation, that no crime had been committed.