The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A necklace was turned in to the Sheriff’s Office on San Juan and placed in the property and evidence division.
• A Lopez deputy ticketed a driver for speeding in the school zone on Center Road.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a domestic violence call in Eastsound. An alleged threat was made. The male suspect was arrested and booked into the San Juan County Jail.
• A San Juan deputy responded to an animal at-large complaint. The owner of the loose dog was warned about letting their dog roam freely.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a child left unattended in a running vehicle.
• A Lopez Island deputy took a report of package theft from a mailbox along the road.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a reported fraud in Eastsound.
• A roving dog was turned in at the fire station on Lopez. Lopez Animal Protection Society located the owner and the two were reunited.
• A Lopez resident requested a check of their property while they were out of the state since security cameras showed issues with their dock. The deputy discovered storm damage and advised the caller.
• An Orcas resident called the Sheriff’s Office to lift a trespass warning letter that had been placed upon his neighbor.
• An Orcas deputy responded to the Deer Harbor area for a found property call. The property was taken for safekeeping.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of cyberstalking and harassment regarding an ongoing case.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for speeding and for having defective brake lights. The driver was issued a citation for no insurance.
• San Juan deputies stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was a known drug user. A K-9 sniff resulted in the seizure of the vehicle pending a search warrant.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a report of an abandoned vehicle blocking the roadway. A parking citation was issued and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 59 mph in a 40 mph zone and for not having proof of insurance.
• An Orcas citizen turned in a found wallet. The owner was identified and the wallet was returned.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a criminal citation for driving while license suspended in the third degree and for operating a motor vehicle without a required ignition interlock device.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 58 mph in a 40 mph zone and for having no proof of insurance.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 50 mph in the 25 mph zone along Fisherman Bay Road.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for having an infant on their lap. The driver was issued a citation for not having a child restrained while driving.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a citation for speeding 32 mph in a 20 mph zone, for not having a valid operator’s license with valid identification and for not having proof of insurance.
• A deputy, in consultation with the coroner, investigated the death by apparent natural causes of a Lopez Island man.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a person driving under the influence. The driver was located and arrested for DUI, driving with a suspended license in the third degree and for an ignition interlock violation. The driver was also issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A deputy responded to a report of disorderly conduct in Friday Harbor. It was determined that no crime had occurred.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a theft at a business in Friday Harbor. A subject was located and trespassed from the business.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a vehicle prowl and an item stolen. There are no suspects or workable leads.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of an order violation. The incident is being investigated.
• A San Juan deputy called a person back regarding a report of threats. It was determined that the incident occurred outside of the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office jurisdiction. The caller was also encouraged to contact her local law enforcement agency.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to the report of a domestic dispute. One person was arrested for assault.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a report for the violation of a domestic violence no-contact order in Eastsound.