The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of fraud. The reporting party realized the transaction was fraudulent and canceled it, resulting in no loss to them.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of threats in Friday Harbor. No crime was committed; the incident was documented.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a physical domestic incident in Friday Harbor. One person was arrested for fourth-degree domestic violence assault and for obstructing a law enforcement officer.
• A deputy conducted a welfare check on San Juan. After speaking with the parties involved, the deputy found the subject of the welfare check was not in need of assistance at this time.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a single vehicle accident in Friday Harbor. A vehicle drove off the roadway and into bushes because of a spider on the driver.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a neighbor complaint of aggressive and harassing behavior by their next-door neighbor. No criminal harassment was identified, but the complainant was provided strategies about how to address the problem going forward. An informational report was written.
• San Juan deputies took a report of a hit and run collision. The investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for an expired registration. The driver received citations for an expired registration more than two months and for not having insurance.
• A deputy responded to a report of a theft on San Juan. There is nosuspect information at this time and the incident was documented.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of domestic violence in Eastsound. The suspect was apprehended, transferred off island and booked into the county jail.
• A San Juan deputy provided a citizen assist at the sheriff’s office.
• An Orcas resident reported sending an inappropriate text message to another person accidentally. An informational report was taken and the messages were documented.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for having expired tabs. The driver was issued a citation for having a registration that expired more than two months prior.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a welfare check.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding on Douglas Road. The driver was issued a citation for traveling 63 mph in a 45 mph speed zone.
• Deputies were dispatched to an aircraft accident at the Orcas Airport. None of the occupants of the aircraft were injured.
• Deputies took a report of a hit-and-run on San Juan. Deputies obtained a video of the incident and are currently attempting to locate the suspect vehicle.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted an area check.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a theft. There are no suspects or workable leads at this time.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted by a person to report a missing bicycle.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a ticket for violating San Juan County Code 10.28.010 – Mooring at a Public Landing.
• A Lopezian found a wallet on the road and called the sheriff’s office. The lost wallet’s owner was located and the wallet was returned.
• A deputy was dispatched to an explosion on San Juan. The deputy arrived, searched the area and found nothing.
• An Ocas deputy on Orcas responded to a theft complaint. A report was taken and the investigation is on-going.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a residential burglary. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to an aircraft incident at the airport.
• San Juan deputies located a subject with a warrant. The subject was taken into custody and booked into the San Juan County Jail.
• A deputy on Orcas took a report of a theft and commenced an investigation.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a motorist who was driving a vehicle that had not been registered since October 2019. The driver also did not have insurance, and was cited for both violations.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle in Friday Harbor for speeding 56 mph in a 45 mph zone. The driver was issued citations for speeding and for not having insurance. A probable-cause statement for driving with a suspended license and operating a vehicle without an ignition interlock device was referred to the prosecutor’s office.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor was contacted by someone who believed their cell phone had been hacked, and answered their questions.
• A Lopezian reported being the victim of identity theft and fraud that resulted in nearly $500 in unauthorized charges on a credit card account.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of a hit-and-run to an unattended car. The victim was unsure when or where the damage occurred. Estimated damage to the victim’s vehicle exceeded $900 to repair.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding on Orcas Road. The driver was subsequently issued a citation.