The San Juan County Sheriffs Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in Eastsound. The woman of interest was found safe and she was given a courtesy ride back to her residence.
• A Lopez deputy discovered a large tree had fallen and was blocking Shark Reef Road. The public works crew responded and cleared the tree from the roadway.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of a woman entering a vehicle without permission and attempting to start it. The woman has had multiple contacts with law enforcement within the last week. The reporting party did not wish to pursue criminal charges.
• A deputy was dispatched to a suspicious call in the Eastsound area. The reporting party advised that a woman was walking down the road screaming. She was heard screaming about reading the bible along with other things.
• A deputy received a report of a woman walking in the middle of the roadway near Eastsound at night in dark clothing. The woman was located but was able to maintain her walking path on the outside edge of the fog line while being observed. No other course of action was taken at the time.
• A Lopez resident called a deputy regarding a perceived shoreline access issue. A Polaris records check showed the area as private property with no documents supporting the caller’s claim. The caller was directed to other county resources responsible for this type of problem.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a driver for driving with a suspended driver’s license. The driver was also issued a citation for not having insurance.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of domestic violence. Once deputies arrived and conducted an investigation, the suspect was located and arrested for second-degree malicious mischief and second-degree assault.
• A deputy on Orcas saw a known woman walking down the roadway late at night in dark clothing. It was discovered the woman was with a man further up the roadway. The man was advised and was going to check on the woman.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic violence call in the Friday Harbor area. The reporting deputy arrived and contacted the people involved. The incident was found to be verbal only and no crime was committed.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to a vehicle prowl in the Friday Harbor area. Several items were removed from the bed of a vehicle. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy responded to a possible theft call in Eastsound. After an investigation was completed the reporting party decided not to pursue the case.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle because the driver was not wearing a seat belt. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A deputy on San Juan entered property into evidence for destruction.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic violence call on San Juan. The deputy arrived and contacted the people involved. The incident was found to be verbal in nature.
• A deputy was dispatched to a residential burglary on San Juan Island. The reporting deputy arrived and contacted the family living at the residence. Nothing appeared to be taken and a report was filed.
• A deputy located a vehicle blocking traffic in Eastsound. The driver was found to have a registration violation, was cited and released.
• A Lopez deputy received property found near a south end beach area. The owner was contacted.
• A deputy was dispatched to a fraud callback near Olga. The reporting party stated they had given out their information over the phone and have since taken the proper steps to prevent fraud.
• A Lopez deputy contacted a homeowner about a backyard burn outside the conditions of the burn permit. The fire was extinguished.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted in reference to a residential burglary. The person reported an item was removed from their residence.
• A Lopez deputy discovered a suspicious vehicle parked at the Port Stanley Schoolhouse. The occupants were sent on their way.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for having an unsecured load. The driver was arrested for driving on a suspended driver’s license, for possession of a controlled substance and for drug paraphernalia and for the unsecured load.
• A deputy was dispatched to a fraud call in the Eastsound area.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of vandalism. An investigation was completed and there are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy was dispatched to an animal problem in the Friday Harbor area. The caller reported his dog had been attacked by a dog that was off-leash.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a theft complaint.
• A deputy responded to a motor vehicle accident in Eastsound. The reporting party said that a vehicle had struck a power pole and that power lines were on the vehicle with someone trapped inside.