The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a motor vehicle wreck in the Eastsound area.
• A Lopez deputy seized several property items found under suspicious circumstances. The property was booked into evidence pending the identification of their rightful owner.
• A deputy responded to a trespassing complaint in Friday Harbor. The person involved was served a no-trespassing letter.
• A deputy responded to a call from a Lopez business about a possible shoplifting complaint. The suspect was subsequently criminally trespassed from the business’s building and surrounding property.
• A Lopez deputy arrested a motorist for driving under the influence after he drove into a ditch on Fisherman Bay Road. The driver, who admitted to being intoxicated while driving, was issued a criminal citation and scheduled for a court hearing in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy responded to an Orcas address on a report of a possibly mentally impaired person. Further investigation revealed the subject has substance abuse issues. The subject was issued a citation for having an open container of alcohol in public.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a subject on a misdemeanor warrant.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for not wearing a seat belt. The driver was issued citations for failing to wear a seat belt and for having an expired registration of more than 2 months. Multiple warnings were also given.
• A San Juan deputy arrested a driver for driving under the influence and booked the driver into jail.
• A deputy responded to a trespassing call on San Juan. A no trespassing letter was issued to one individual.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for having an expired registration. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree and was issued citations for not having insurance and for an expired vehicle registration of more than two months.
• A Lopez resident reported a minor non-injury collision that occurred on private property. Both parties were amicable and will handle the matter between themselves.
• A deputy conducted a welfare check in Friday Harbor. A report was forwarded to the proper office.
• A deputy arrested a driver for driving with a suspended license in the third degree and cited the driver for not having insurance.
• An Oregon couple was contacted by authorities for camping overnight in a day-use-only park on Lopez. They were advised of acceptable vehicle camping locations and moved along.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver for speeding and for having an expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired vehicle registration of more than two months.
• A deputy noted an abandoned vehicle parked on the public right away in Eastsound. The vehicle was tagged to be impounded if it was not moved within 24 hours.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a possible single-vehicle collision. The accident was found to be non-reportable, and the driver was issued citations for not having proof of insurance and for having wheels off roadway.
• A good Samaritan found a wallet and turned it over to a deputy on Orcas. The owner was identified, contacted and the wallet was returned.
• A San Juan deputy issued citations to a driver for not having insurance and failing to stop at a stop sign. When the deputy learned the driver was driving with a suspended license in the third degree, the driver was arrested and later released.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a driver for speeding. The driver was ultimately arrested for driving with a suspended license in the third degree.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a residential burglary. Once on the scene, deputies found a person in a wooded area near the residence. The person was arrested for residential burglary, making or having burglary tools and for obstructing a law enforcement officer.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 50 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a citizen assist.
• A Lopez deputy was called about three cows running at-large on Mud Bay Road. The cows were temporarily secured until the owner could retrieve them.
• A deputy was sent to check on an ongoing noise complaint. Both parties were contacted and worked out a solution.
• A Lopez deputy ticketed a driver for speeding 50 mph in a 35 mph zone on Mud Bay Road.
• A deputy was dispatched to a hit-and-run accident in the Eastsound area.
• A citizen contacted an Orcas deputy regarding an ongoing family issue. The issue was settled by contact.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a two-vehicle injury collision. One of the drivers was taken into custody and was given a criminal citation for driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor and/or drugs.