The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to a report of a residential burglary.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of an order violation. The individual was located and arrested for violating the protection order.
• A Lopez deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Mackaye Harbor Road. The driver was subsequently issued a citation for speeding, 50 mph in a posted 35 mph zone.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to a report of a dog bite.
• On Lopez, a deputy was dispatched to a Lopez businessthat received a threatening call, and documented the incident.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle suspected of DUI, and arrested the driver for driving under the influence.
• A San Juan deputy learned of a cold collision in the ferry lanes. Both parties exchanged insurance and contact information prior to reporting the incident and had left the area. A collision report was completed.
• San Juan deputies responded to a collision on Roche Harbor Road. No injuries appeared to have occurred and deputies facilitated the exchange of information and completed a collision report.
• At the Hostel in Friday Harbor, deputies were called to help with a person in crisis and ultimately transported them to Peace Medical Center for evaluation.
• The Lopez Fire Department and a deputy responded to a tripped fire alarm at the school. There was no fire. The alarm system was found to be faulty.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a suspicious circumstance. The matter was investigated, and no crime had occurred.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to an agency’s request for help with a patient, who was assisted to a safe location.
• On San Juan, deputies were dispatched to a report of an alcohol offense. They issued one person a citation for a minor in possession/consumption of alcohol.
• A San Juan deputy was called to a domestic dispute between a couple in which one person was said to be unwelcome and wouldn’t leave. After contacting the parties, they were separated and arrangements were made for one party to take shelter in a local hotel.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of a child who accidentally ingested a drug in the home. EMS crews responded and medical care was provided. The case is under further investigation.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a possible order violation and filed a report following an investigation.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to an assault. The suspect was issued a criminal citation for assault in the fourth degree and malicious mischief in the third degree.
• A Lopez resident requested assistance with a chronic barking dog problem. The deputy located the property owner and will follow up with them for a solution.
• On Orcas, a deputy conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a citation for speeding, 53 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy was contacted by an individual wanting to report littering on Lopez.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to a local establishment about an overturned Dingy and notified the owner.
• Lopez EMS and a deputy responded to a minor single-vehicle non-injury collision.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a trespassing call near Deer Harbor. One person involved was found to have a warrant, was arrested, and transported to Friday Harbor.
• A deputy responded to an order violation in Eastsound. The suspect was arrested and taken to Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a citizen assist. A parent of an infant took the child to their home, but then the infant would not stop crying. Because of the crying infant, the parent wanted to return it to the other parent’s residence. The infant was returned home.
• A deputy was dispatched to a civil issue on Lopez related to property use. Enforcement action can likely occur following a court ruling.
• A Lopez resident reported illegal hunting and trespassing. The suspect’s vehicle is described as a white, older, long-bodied pick-up truck.
• A local bank branch filed a report of fraud involving two individuals who were cashing checks on a closed account into their account. Both individuals are currently in Florida.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a welfare check however, the individual did not wish to speak with deputies. The reporting party was already in contact with Compass Health and would continue with follow-up.