The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle collision in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to investigate a report of dogs running-at-large. Once the deputy arrived, the dogs had been secured back in their yard at home.
• A Lopez school district bus driver reported that a motorist passed the school bus while it was stopped with red lights flashing and the stop paddle displayed. The offending driver is being sought.
• Deputies emptied the drug take-back receptacle at Friday Harbor Drug. The take-back drugs were collected, boxed, weighed and transported to the property and evidence division for safe-keeping.
• A Lopez resident reported that a neighborhood dog got into her chickens, killing two and mauling a third.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a fraud case.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist for speeding. The driver was arrested on two active Snohomish bench warrants. The subject had failed to appear in court for a domestic violence assault charge and a malicious mischief charge.
• A deputy on Orcas gave a driver a warning for crossing the centerline.
• San Juan deputies responded to a possible domestic assault incident near Friday Harbor. The two subjects were separated for the night.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a theft and documented the incident.
• A San Juan deputy arrested a subject on two outstanding warrants.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a trespassing. The suspect was still on the scene and was arrested for trespassing; violating a no-contact order; resisting arrest; and vehicle prowling.
• An Orcas deputy gave a driver a citation for speeding 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist for speeding in the 1800 block of Fisherman Bay Road. The deputy issued the driver a speeding ticket for traveling 43 mph in a posted 25 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a single-vehicle collision on Roche Harbor Road. The driver of the vehicle was located and arrested for driving under the influence, driving with a suspended license in the third degree and for a hit-and-run.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of attempted theft of a lockbox.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor responded to a report of vandalism.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a hit-and-run that happened on Aug. 20. There is no suspect or evidence due to the time delay in reporting.
• A person came into the sheriff’s office to report an ongoing theft issue in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy assisted a resident with the capture of a wandering cow.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a citizen dispute.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a reported unlawful imprisonment complaint. Deputies discovered that an intellectually disabled adult was attempting to leave a residence without their guardian’s permission.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a subject on an outstanding misdemeanor warrant. The subject was found to be in possession of a controlled substance and booked into jail for both offenses.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on a report of a cow out in the roadway. The cow was located and the owner was contacted and took control of the animal.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic incident. Both parties were contacted, no criminal activity was reported and the parties separated amicably.
• A Lopez deputy met with a visitor and took possession of a found cell phone the reporting party had found along the road.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver warnings for speeding and for having an expired temporary registration.
• An Orcas deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Orcas Road. The driver was issued a citation for driving 60 mph in a 40 mph zone and received a warning for not being in possession of a driver’s license.
• A deputy on Orcas began an investigation into an illegal burn in the Eastsound area.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a warning for failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle with a defective headlight in Friday Harbor. The driver was issued citations for the defective headlight and for having an expired registration.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor took a report of a theft.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of dogs running at-large on a neighboring property. The matter remains under investigation pending enforcement action.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a warning for having an obstructed license plate.
• A traffic stop on Orcas ended with the driver of a vehicle receiving a warning for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of hearing breaking glass. The noise was caused by island visitors breaking up pallets for firewood. The property owner directed them to leave.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a single-vehicle collision with a tree. The driver had left the scene and the case is under investigation.
• A driver in Friday Harbor was given a warning for speeding in a school zone.
• Deputies responded to a residence in Eastsound where a person who was known to have a warrant was residing. Deputies contacted the subject who was cooperative and an arrest was made without incident. The subject was booked into the San Juan County Jail in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on San Juan arrested a subject on a felony warrant. The subject was also arrested for escape.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a warning for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy gave a driver a warning for parking the wrong way.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a welfare check. The subject was taken to a safe place and delivered into the care of a family member.
• A deputy on Orcas issued a driver a warning for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy was called regarding a fraud report.
• Deputies responded to a report of a domestic incident in Friday Harbor. No arrests were made, a report was taken and the report was referred to Juvenile Court Services and the prosecutor’s office.