The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a report of a bicyclist failing to obey a flagger.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of some online harassment but did not see any criminal violations.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of threats on Orcas. The event was civil in nature and a trespass letter was issued.
• On Orcas, a deputy was contacted about possible harassment. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to a report of a theft of bicycles on the ferry. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a bike left on school property on Orcas.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of an order violation. One individual was arrested for violating a domestic violence no-contact order and another individual was arrested for an out-of-county warrant. Both were booked into jail.
• A citizen in Eastsound took a license plate they found to the local Sheriff’s office. The license plate was identified through registration and the company was contacted, and the plate was reunited with the vehicle it belonged to.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of an intoxicated individual laying down on the side of a gravel road. The individual was uninjured and was provided a ride home. Adult protective services were contacted.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a verbal domestic incident in Friday Harbor. After an investigation, it was determined that a current no-contact order had been violated. One party was arrested and booked into jail for an order violation-domestic violence.
• Lopez deputies were dispatched to a possible domestic disturbance. The incident was determined to be civil in nature and no crime had been committed.
• Deputies responded to a report of a domestic incident that took place the night before. One person was put in touch with Safe San Juan and also given a ride off the island to a family cabin. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy on San Juan was contacted about a theft. The person reported an item had been taken, though there are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a found wallet on San Juan. The wallet was booked into the evidence room as found property.
• A deputy was dispatched to a vehicle prowl in the Friday Harbor area. The person reported a vehicle that was parked in their driveway had been entered. Nothing of value seemed to be missing at the time. A suspect was identified and contacted.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of a fraud attempt. The suspect’s identity is unknown and the victim sent no money and disclosed no account information. They were advised of steps to protect their identity and the incident was documented in a report.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of an order violation on San Juan. When the deputy arrived to make contact with the person reporting the incident, another person violated the court order in the presence of the deputy. That person was arrested and booked for obstructing law enforcement and violating of a court order.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a theft complaint in the Rosario area. The reporting party wanted it documented that some reading glasses had been stolen out of their mailbox. There were no leads at the time.
• A Lopez deputy took a report from a citizen who disclosed information concerning a potential crime that took place both on Lopez and San Juan. The matter remains under investigation.
• A deputy on San Juan was contacted about safekeeping. A person had a relative pass away and they had two firearms they wished to turn over to the Sheriff’s office to be destroyed. The firearms were picked up and entered into evidence to be destroyed.
• A Lopez deputy and EMS responded to a health-related call. Resources were offered for a proper provider of care.
• A deputy on San Juan spoke with a citizen who wanted to report a former roommate for damaging their carpet. They also wanted to report unauthorized purchases on their card. The individual did not wish to pursue criminal charges, they just wanted a “paper trail.”
• Deputies on San Juan Island responded to a report of a suspected DUI driver on board a Washington State Ferry. After an investigation, it was determined the driver was impaired, was arrested for DUI, and booked into the San Juan County Jail.
• A report was made at the Orcas Sheriff’s Office about an accident that took place the night before. The reporting party was attempting to pass a van in the middle of the road and struck the driver’s side mirror.
• A silver iPhone was found behind Mason’s Hall on San Juan, turned into the Sheriff’s Office, and booked into the property room.
• A deputy on San Juan Island was dispatched to a report of a non-injury accident. One driver was cited for failing to yield to a motor vehicle and for not having insurance.
• A deputy responded to a vandalism call near Eastsound. The reporting party just wanted an informational report taken about damage to their vehicle.
• Deputies on San Juan Island were dispatched to a report of a vehicle versus bicycle accident. It appeared the accident was due to the bicyclist trying to pass on the right as the vehicle was turning. The bicyclist was transported from the scene by EMS.
• A deputy on San Juan Island stopped the driver of a vehicle and issued them a citation for traveling 40 mph in a 25 mph. The driver also received a verbal warning for an expired registration.
• On San Juan, a hit-and-run report was filed at the Sheriff’s Office. Sometime during the day before a vehicle backed into a silver Jeep Grand Cherokee while it was parked in front of a business, damaging the front bumper.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of an ongoing trespassing issue. The homeowners wished to trespass two individuals from their property. The individuals were contacted and were each served with a trespass warning letter.
• On San Juan, deputies responded to a report of a citizen dispute. An individual had been following another person around in their vehicle. The victim came to the Sheriff’s Office to report the incident; however, they did not wish to pursue criminal charges. Safe San Juans was contacted.