The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy investigated an incident of vandalism/graffiti to the construction site on Prune Alley. There are no suspect leads.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of an elderly driver operating a motor vehicle after having their license suspended for medical reasons. The investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy responded to an agency assist involving an Adult Protective Services referral for financial exploitation. The incident was documented.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a weapon offense involving someone possessing a firearm after receiving a notice of suspension of firearms rights. Deputies obtained a search warrant for the residence and a handgun was seized and placed in evidence.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a trespassing call near Eastsound; the investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of found property. The owner was contacted and the property was returned.
• Deputies on San Juan responded to a report of a person driving under the influence. The driver was located, arrested, and booked into the San Juan County Jail.
• After a Lopez deputy observed a dog sniffing around near a rabbit den by the station, the dog was returned to its owner, who was nearby.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for several equipment violations. The driver was issued a citation for failing to use a child safety restraint.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a harassment call near Eastsound. A report was taken and the investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a welfare check. The individual stated that they were okay, but had recently gone through a tough time. The individual told the deputy that they would follow up with their doctors.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic incident. The involved parties were interviewed and no crime appeared to have occurred.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle traveling 51 mph in a posted 35 mph speed zone and issued the driver a citation for speeding.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of an accident with injury. A tree partially fell on the top of a vehicle due to the high winds and caused minor injuries to the driver and passenger, who were treated at the scene.
• A deputy responded to a report of a non-injury collision in Friday Harbor.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 62 mph in a posted 45 mph speed zone and issued them a citation for speeding.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of trespassing at a local business. A probable cause statement will be sent to the prosecutor’s office for a charging decision for first-degree trespassing.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a collision near Cady Mountain Road. The driver was transported to Peace Island Medical Center. A search warrant was granted for the driver’s blood pursuant to an investigation of DUI. The case is pending the results of the blood analysis.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a civil call. The deputy took a report and provided resources concerning landlord-tenant laws.
• A Lopez deputy assisted WSF by issuing a 60-day trespass notice to an individual.
• A deputy was contacted regarding possible harassment between two juveniles on Lopez. The matter will be investigated and charges filed if appropriate.
• A deputy on San Juan took possession of a firearm due to a court order to surrender. The item was entered into the evidence system for safekeeping.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a dog running at large. The dog was returned to the owner prior to the deputy’s arrival.
• An Orcas deputy took a report of fraudulent charges on a credit card. An investigation is being conducted.
• San Juan deputies located a person with a warrant for their arrest. The subject was arrested and booked into jail.
• San Juan deputies responded to a person reported to be in crisis. On contact, the person refused offers of assistance and did not meet any legal requirements for involuntary commitment.
• A San Juan deputy issued citations to six vessels for mooring permit violations at the Roche Harbor County-owned dock.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a civil dispute. Both parties were contacted, and both agreed the matter was settled.
• A Lopez deputy responded to an ongoing dispute over travel trailers and stolen property.
• A deputy on San Juan put multiple lost-and-found items into evidence that had been piling up in dispatch over the years.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a trespassing incident. The property owner requested only that the matter be documented; no charges were filed.
• A deputy responded to a delayed report of an accident in the 6600 block of Roche Harbor Road after a driver reported that she swerved to miss a deer in the road and went off the roadway, into a ditch, and struck a tree. The driver reported no injuries and received two citations.
• A deputy responded to a possible burglary in Deer Harbor. No evidence of forced entry or trace evidence was found after the investigation.
• A Lopez resident reported their boat went missing overnight. Steps were taken in case the vessel was stolen, but it was later located drifting near Center Island.
• A deputy on Orcas was contacted by a ferry worker about a male who was acting suspiciously. There was no offense and no law enforcement action was required.
• A deputy on San Juan spoke with a citizen who reported a work van had been parking in their driveway almost daily. The citizen is not expecting any work to be done at their residence. No suspect information or workable leads are available.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of an ongoing animal problem. The dog’s owner was issued a dog-at-large notice.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a threats complaint.
• The U.S. Coast Guard seized narcotics and two firearms during a vessel safety inspection in Fisherman Bay. A Lopez deputy collected the items for investigation.
• A Lopez deputy followed up on a case involving the USCG taking illegal drugs and firearms from a vessel in Fisherman Bay.
• A Lopez deputy followed up on a conflict between two juveniles.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for traveling 68 mph in a posted 45 mph speed zone and issued the driver a citation for speeding.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of found property. The property was returned to the owner.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a parking problem complaint in the construction zone area of Prune Alley. The individuals were contacted and moved their vehicles from the area.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of knocked-over mailboxes. There is no suspect information or workable leads. Photographs were taken and a report was completed.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of shooting without a safe backstop. The rules for shooting on private property were explained.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of a dog left unattended in a vehicle. The deputy contacted the dog’s owner, who was with the dog. The owner claimed the dog had only been in the vehicle for 20 minutes. The vehicle had windows cracked and a water bowl for the dog.