The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of trespassing. The subject was moved along, and the property owner declined to pursue charges.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a citizen assist.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a person showing up at a residence and yelling at the housekeeper. The individual was not found nor identified.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a request to trespass an individual from a business. The person had entered the business on several occasions and was loud, angry, and would pound on the door. The deputy completed a trespass warning letter for the individual and documented the incident.
• On San Juan, a deputy responded to a report of harassment. An investigation revealed no crime occurred and the victim was referred to the court for remedy. They also completed a trespass warning letter barring the suspect from their residence.
• A San Juan deputy responded to Friday Harbor High School for a narcotics violation involving a student who was found in possession of drugs. The deputy responded and took custody of the drugs, the student had been released to their parents. The case will be forwarded to superior court services and Compass Health.
• An Orcas deputy authored an incident report regarding fraudulent phone calls received by a citizen attempting to obtain money and bank account information. There was no monetary loss to the person reporting this incident.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a trespassing call. The reporting party was contacted and wanted the incident documented.
• A Lopez deputy conducted a traffic stop on Fisherman Bay Road and issued the driver a citation for expired registration.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped the driver of a vehicle for defective tail lights. The driver was found to have a suspended driver’s license and was issued a criminal citation for driving with a suspended license – 3rd degree.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a welfare check. When the subject of the welfare check was found, the deputy determined they were driving under the influence of alcohol. The person was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence.
• A Lopez deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding on Center Road and issued them a citation, plus a warning for an expired registration.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of an unwanted person. A trespass letter was signed and will be served once the person is located.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a welfare check where a subject was said to be stumbling around the road in the dark. The subject was taken into protective custody and transported to the hospital.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of a possible domestic violence incident. The incident was found to be verbal only and the parties voluntarily separated for the night.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to a report of a disorderly person in the hospital emergency room. Once the deputy arrived, the person had left the hospital and was walking away. The suspect was able to be calmed down; a trespass warning letter is pending.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a fire alarm that was falsely activated by a resident.
• A Lopez resident reported a burglary to a barn on their property.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to what was reported to be a domestic dispute. No crime was committed, and one of the people involved asked for and was offered a ride to a hotel. That person changed their mind and opted to call a taxi.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to a call about a missing person. A family member was contacted and a missing person report was entered into the state system.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a residential burglary call. The matter is under investigation.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of trespassing and trespassed an individual from multiple businesses.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of disorderly conduct. A motorcycle was stopped and the rider was issued citations for not being in possession of an endorsement; not having insurance or registration; for an expired registration over two months, and no glasses or visor. The report was forwarded for an alcohol conditions violation.
• A San Juan deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for failing to stop at a stop sign. Upon contact, it was found that a passenger in the car was wanted on an active warrant. The passenger was arrested for the warrant and the driver received a warning for failing to stop at a stop sign.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of a found firearm at a local park and booked the item into evidence.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop. The driver was issued a citation for speeding, 47 mph in a 35-mph zone.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a citation for speeding, 57 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• Deputies on Orcas conducted two more separate traffic stops where the drivers of the vehicles were speeding, 48 mph in a 35 mph zone. In each instance, the speeding drivers received a citation.
• A deputy responded to an ongoing civil dispute between a landlord and a tenant on San Juan. After speaking with the parties involved it was confirmed that the dispute was indeed civil in nature and no law enforcement action was required. An informational report was completed at the request of the caller.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted by a person who found a wallet on the beach at American Camp. Attempts to locate the owner failed and the wallet was entered into evidence.
• A deputy on Orcas conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a citation for speeding, 53 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle traffic accident in the San Juan area. A vehicle had left the roadway and struck a tree.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched with Lopez Fire & EMS to a drowning call. CPR was performed at the scene but was unsuccessful.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of disorderly conduct. Apparently, there was some confusion between the two construction zones and where the flagging zones began and finished. A warning was issued.