The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• San Juan deputy took a report of suspicious activity. The investigation revealed that no criminal activity appeared to have occurred. The incident was documented in a report.
• A deputy took a report of a stolen purse. Information was gathered and documented in the event the purse or leads to the suspect are discovered.
• A San Juan deputy observed an individual who had a suspended driver’s license operating a vehicle. The deputy attempted to locate the vehicle after clearing a traffic hazard and was unable. The deputy’s report was forwarded to the Prosecutor’s Office for a charging decision.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a welfare check. A deputy observed a body through a glass door and entered the residence. The death appears to be of natural causes.
• A deputy took a report of a runaway juvenile. The juvenile was later discovered the following day and returned home.
• San Juan deputies responded to a citizen dispute. It was determined that an individual made statements to a group of people based on their sexual orientation that were threatening in nature. The deputy’s report was sent to the Prosecutor’s Office for a charging decision for a hate crime.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of possible fraud. No suspect information was available and no loss was incurred by the reporting party. They were advised of protective measures to take and additional reporting outlets. An informational report was generated.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a suspicious call. A Lopez resident reported that someone has been harassing them and sprinkled white paint on their deck area. The deputy investigated and found that the “paint” was actually droppings left behind by birds.
• A deputy was contacted at the Sheriff’s Office about a trespass. The person was requesting a Trespass Warning Letter be served against another for his business. The person signed the letter. A report was taken.
• A deputy on Orcas Island conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle with expired registration. It was learned that the driver is required to have an ignition interlock device; the driver did not have one. The driver was issued a criminal citation for operating a vehicle without an ignition interlock device.
• A deputy was contacted at the Sheriff’s Office about a theft that occurred in the San Juan Island area. The person reported that an auto part had been removed from a vehicle that was under repair at a local business. There are no suspects at this time. A report was taken.
• A deputy on Orcas Island responded to a report of a parking problem in Eastsound. The vehicle appeared to be abandoned and was damaged. The deputy placed an abandoned vehicle sticker on the rear window. A report was completed.
• A deputy on San Juan Island was dispatched to a report of a potential burglary. A report was taken.
• Deputies on Orcas Island responded to a domestic dispute. After investigation, deputies determined this was a verbal argument. No crime had been committed.
• A deputy was dispatched to a found property in the San Juan Island area. The person had located a metal object on a beach. The item was photographed and the incident was referred to another agency.
• A Lopez deputy contacted a male who was reported to be wandering aimlessly in the village. There were no law violations or immediate mental health concerns.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of an individual on the ferry with warrants. The individual was arrested after off-loading and was found in possession of controlled substances. The out-of-county agencies would not take the individual on the warrants and they were released.
• A deputy on San Juan Island was dispatched to a report of a missing person. A search was conducted with the assistance of San Juan Fire and San Juan EMS and the Sheriff’s Office’s UAV. The person was not located during the search and entered as a missing person. At that time the Sheriff’s Office was notified the subject was located off island.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of an individual in a mental crisis. The individual was transported to the hospital for evaluation.
• A Lopez man was arrested for DUI after fleeing the scene of a single-vehicle collision. This was his second DUI collision on Lopez within the last two years. He also committed an ignition interlock violation, hit and run, and had a suspended license.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a non-reportable single-vehicle collision.
• A deputy on San Juan responded to a report of a juvenile problem. The juvenile was reported as being at a different individual’s residence without permission. The deputy obtained a pick-up order, then located the juvenile and brought them home. A report was completed.
• A Friday Harbor man was caught on video taking a case of water from the pallets in front of the store. A search for the individual is currently underway.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to an agency assist. No crimes had been committed and an informational report was written.
• A Friday Harbor resident was arrested for trespassing and burglary at Market Place after attempting to leave the premises with various goods from the store. He was booked into jail pending a hearing with the judge.
• A deputy located a boat washed ashore on Shaw Island. Attempts were made to notify the owner.
• A shotgun was turned over to the Sheriff’s Office by a local Friday Harbor resident.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of juvenile’s tagging a garbage can on Spring Street. A deputy located the suspect, who was on a field trip from off-island and retrieved evidence of the crime. The deputy’s report was forwarded to the Prosecutor’s Office for a charging decision.
• A local business turned a debit card over to a deputy. There is no contact information for the owner. The debit card was entered into evidence.
• San Juan deputy served a protection order requiring the respondent to surrender firearms. The deputy entered one firearm into evidence for safekeeping.
• A deputy on San Juan Island responded to a welfare check, an individual was concerned as their significant other had not returned home that day. The individual was reported as missing. The deputy searched for the missing person; they were later located when they called for medical attention.