Since the beginning of time, man has attempted to avoid and reverse the effects of aging. That aging process is brutal on muscles and skin, leaving many to resort to supplements to help augment what time has depleted.
One group of supplements are HGH alternatives. The products available, however, are not always dependable regarding quality and effectiveness. Unless you know what you are doing, you can spend a lot of cash on products that do not work or do not work as promised.
Fortunately, some are known for both quality and effectiveness. Here is a rundown of four of those.
What Is HGH?
HGH stands for “Human Growth Hormone” and is also known as somatropin. It occurs naturally via the pituitary gland and helps regulate several aspects of the human body:
- Childhood growth
- Sugar metabolism
- Fat metabolism
- Bone growth
- Cell repair and regeneration
The pituitary gland secretes HGH hourly and puts out more after exercise, trauma, and sleep. In humans, peak HGH levels are achieved at night. The highest secretion rate happens during puberty, and from then on, HGH secretion flow is reduced.
Why HGH Matters
HGH plays a role in two processes: Growth and metabolism. It is particularly potent during periods where a healthy child experiences rapid growth. When HGH’s phosphorylation intracellular signaling is active, proteins are activated, amino acids are increased while cell breakdown is thwarted.
That is a complex way of saying that HGH can help cells regenerate, grow and maintain while activating several different types of proteins that aid in muscle development. It is involved in or induces growth throughout the body but is best known for helping cartilage and bone growth, particularly in adolescence.
HGH can be used to combat several bone and growth issues, including but not limited to Acromegaly, Gigantism, and HGH Deficiency.
Taking HGH is not without side effects. While this list is not all-inclusive, individuals that take HGH naturally through injections have reported:
- Joint pain and swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Numbness and tingling of the skin
- Higher cholesterol and blood sugar levels
Athletes have taken HGH at just about every level under the belief that it can promote muscle growth and improve overall performance. It has been documented that rhGH increases muscle mass and helps muscles recover faster than those without it.
HGH is considered a drug used to gain an unfair competitive advantage over athletes that did not take the drug and has been banned by the Olympics, MLB, and the NFL.
Synthetic HGH and HGH Products
Because HGH is shown to aid in muscle and cell regrowth and regeneration, many people have taken it to help hold off the advancement of age and age-related issues. While some people have gotten injectable HGH from doctors, more have looked to dietary supplements.
The supplements come in the form of pills and sprays. Many companies selling these products claim to:
- Reverse aging
- Reduce fat
- Build muscle
- Regrow hair
- Strengthen the immune system
- Increase energy
- Improve vision, memory, and sexual performance
With most products, documentation of effectiveness is scarce. That is why when a company offers the results of a legitimate study, that company should stand out among its peers.
Nonetheless, even with companies that can prove the efficacy of their product, all potential users should discuss options and planned usage with a physician.
Illicit Use of HGH Risks
Because HGH is a controlled substance, getting it in a pure, injectable form from any other entity than a physician is against the law. Additionally, several athletic organizations and the ones already mentioned, professional and amateur, have banned HGH and HGH injections from competitors. For bodybuilders at any level, this could have an impact on eligibility to compete.
Another risk from the illicit use of HGH is that in most cases, the user has no idea where their supplier got their HGH. The substance could have come from a legitimate source, but chances are if it is illegal, it did not. If it did, chances are also excellent it was not stored or cared for properly.
A further risk is that the substance taken is not HGH or is diluted HGH, which should not be effective. Finally, there is the risk that the authorities catch the person supplying HGH, and anyone associated with that person could be implicated.
General Advice for HGH
The information above means that using legitimate HGH supplemental products is the path everyone should go unless they can get a prescription for injections from their physician. When identifying the products they want to use, they should look for:
- Transparency – The manufacturer should not hide what is in their product
- Testing – The best products have gone through industry testing
- Guarantees – Their manufacturers back products that work
- Testimonials – Happy customers like to talk about what a product helped them achieve
If you ensure those four characteristics are present in the HGH product you opt to use, you will guarantee that you are getting the best on the market.
The Best HGH Supplements
HGH alternative supplement quality and effectiveness can vary. Fortunately, there are a few products that have made names for themselves for delivering both. Here are four of them, what they can do for you, and why they stand out in a crowded market.
GenF20 Plus is one of the highest-rated HGH alternatives on the market. Known for using quality ingredients, it helps fight aging, slow metabolism, and muscle loss, plus improves sleep and concentration.
As a “broad spectrum” supplement anyone can take, GenF20 Plus is packed with potent herbs and amino acids known to aid in the creation of HGH as well as many other benefits:
- Arginine: Expands blood vessels and help with muscle repair
- Glutamine: Improves focus and manage stress better
- Valine: Aids in speeding up metabolism, and as a result, fat
- Lysine and Glycine: Work together to boost HGH levels as high as ten times
- Tyrosine: Improves concentration and reduce stress
- Ornithine: Is reputed to help people sleep (which makes it ideal for those with a sleep disorder.)
With over 14 ingredients, each with a different purpose, GenF20 Plus is a supplement virtually anyone can reap benefits from if they follow the instructions for taking the product.
- Reported to increase metabolic functions and rate
- Known for using authentic, quality materials
- Reported to increase libido
- Has built a reputation based on effectiveness
- The company backs the product – a 60-day guarantee
- No usage age restrictions
- Multiple Spectrum health benefits
- No known side effects
- Results take time, sometimes many months
- Only available to purchase online, so scheduling is a must
If you are looking for a more comprehensive HGH builder, HyperGH 14x might be the best choice for you. More than most products, it helps jump-start your body’s natural production and release of HGH. You must coordinate it with a balanced diet and regular exercise; if you do so, however, HyperGH 14x is difficult to top.
The ingredients are laboratory tested. The formula is designed with ingredients that complement each other. In addition, the product is remarkably safe to use.
Some of the ingredients include, but are not limited to:
- Tribulus Terrestris Extract: Aids in sexual dysfunction and male infertility
- GABA: A neurotransmitter that helps trigger the pituitary gland to make more HGH
- Colostrum: Boosts healing and the immune system as well as fights signs of aging
- GTF Chromium: Helps maintain weight, reduces fat, and boosts HGH production
- Pituitary (Anterior) Powder: Stimulates the Pituitary gland to release HGH
- No reported side effects
- 100% natural
- Reportedly a tremendous aid in improving sleep quality
- Improves workout recovery rates
- Exceptional in building lean muscle mass
- cGMP compliant, which means its manufacturing processes adhere to all industry-standard safety measures
- Requires a rigorous exercise and diet routine to work in the most effective manner
- It takes up to 90 Days to work
- It is a more expensive product
- Only available on the official website
- Sex drive diminishes
- Weight gain due to a slower metabolism
- Loss of muscle mass
- Slower, if not nonexistent, muscle growth
This supplement is oriented towards men facing challenges because of male andropause. The manufacturer prides itself on only using ingredients people can pronounce.
The short- and long-term benefits of Provacyl are a reduction of the symptoms and physiological effects of male andropause. It does not reverse the signs of male menopause or aging but is reported to slow them.
Provacyl has Vitamin B6, magnesium, zinc monomethionine aspartate, D-aspartic acid, Ginkgo biloba, and Panax ginseng. That is just a partial list of the proven ingredients in the home formula. Each encourages HGH production and aids in overall sexual health.
- Specifically targets sexual health
- One of the safest and best HGH users
- Extended length money-back guarantee due to the time it takes to work
- Straightforward regimen
- Testosterone and HGH supplementation take time to work
- Not recommended for males not yet experiencing male menopause
- On the expensive side, as far as HGH supplements go
This product is an HGH releaser. Its purpose is to boost HGH production, and any other physical, mental and emotional health benefits are purely side effects. Made from herbs, GenFX is reported to produce the same benefits as others, with a different formula and focus.
Among the many benefits GenFX claims are:
- Reclaims vitality, leading to stronger sex drive and sexual performance
- An increase in HGH level by natural and harmless mean
- Increased lean muscle mass when pursued with a healthy diet and regular exercise
- Mood and emotional health improvements
- Stronger bones
- Bone strength improvements
- Improvements in skin elasticity and tone
- Increased mental awareness and concentration
- All-natural and lab tested
- The formula is based on scientific and medical studies
- Boosts metabolism and reduces fat quickly
- Will increase HGH levels
- Contains powerful antioxidants
- It helps improve brain function
- Reduces body fat
- The results can be somewhat more of a commitment than most supplements
- If fairly expensive
- It Will be needed for as long as someone uses the product
- It is reported to have some side effects like nausea and diarrhea
HGH Buyer’s Guide
The key to matching the products above to your unique needs is essentially a matter of understanding what those needs are beyond the typical “I feel old” or “it hurts,” “I don’t like my wrinkles,” or even “I do not have the energy I once did.” That requires three things:
- Knowing where you are physically, emotionally, and mentally
- Knowing where you want to be after you have undergone a supplement regimen
- Being able to separate the products that are legitimate from those that are frauds
Here are some tips on buying supplements, discussing your HGH situation with your doctor, and giving yourself the best possible chance to succeed to achieve those three goals.
As people age, they shift into overdrive to try and stall or even reverse the inevitable. Almost everyone’s urge is to try and look and feel good for as long as humanly possible. That impulse has created a massive market for supplements that replace hormones, erase wrinkles, restore virility, even eclipse the glory of youth.
While some products can address parts of that list, no product can be entirely successful, mainly because aging is inevitable. Different products can help alleviate some aging symptoms and even help a person feel better, but no product is a miracle cure for getting old.
As such, you must keep your goals realistic. Be happy to get some muscle tone back instead of regaining the look you had when you were 20. Celebrate losing weight but understand that past a certain age, unless you have unlimited money at your disposal, you probably will never look as slim as you did back in college.
That applies to any product you purchase to help in your quest, including HGH supplements. Set realistic, attainable goals and give yourself a fighting chance at success, rather than expecting a miracle and being disappointed.
Know the Product You Want
HGH is a hormone that helps us recover and grow muscles and maintain healthy body mass. It also allows us to remain sharp mentally and to concentrate more easily. When we age, we lose portions of everything mentioned above.
While injecting pure HGH into your bloodstream is both dangerous and illegal, taking certain HGH supplements can help you get within proximity of what actual HGH could accomplish. With the list above, you get the best HGH alternatives on the market.
Watch Out for Too Good To Be True
Supplements worth your money will be backed by promises to help you change but not to help you completely reinvent yourself. The adage that something that seems too good to be true probably applies to HGH alternative supplements.
The trick is knowing what is “too good to be true” and a realistic promise.
Generally, anything that promises to reverse aging is at least flirting with promising too much. Aging is a natural and inevitable process that man has been trying to reverse for centuries but has had little success.
Sure, medical procedures like plastic surgery and liposuction can help alleviate body issues, but they will not make a person younger. The same applies to incessantly working out; working out is good, but obsessively working out thinking you can become 18 again is unrealistic.
Do Your Research
Do not just take this article’s word for it regarding what HGH supplement products are best. Research each using multiple sources and draw your conclusions. Ensure the vendor and product you choose are transparent, tested, and guaranteed and that their customers like to promote their success stories with the product.
The more you know about the supplements you might put in your body, the more you will be able to make a fully informed decision and avoid side effects.
Keep Your Health in Mind
Discuss any supplements you are considering taking with your doctor. Many alternative products can contain substances that can cause health issues with people that have allergies or illnesses. Check with your doctor before taking any HGH enhancement substances, no matter how safe they are reputed to be.
Test Out Different Products
Once you decide on a product, be willing to test it and objectively assess if it does all you expect it to do. If not, look at another product that more closely aligns with your goals.
Test that product as well. Do not stop testing until you find a product that works for you, helps you feel good, and lets you attain your physical, mental, and emotional health goals.
The Best HGH Supplements Conclusion
Knowing what product to choose from this list depends on your goals. The best HGH supplement is probably GenF20 Plus, mainly because it has no side effects and a history of success. Regardless of what you choose, though, make sure you follow the advice and guidelines without exception. If you do, you will be highly pleased with the result.
The links contained in this product review may result in a small commission if you opt to purchase the product recommended at no additional cost to you. This goes towards supporting our research and editorial team and please know we only recommend high quality products.
Please understand that any advice or guidelines revealed here are not even remotely a substitute for sound medical advice from a licensed healthcare provider. Make sure to consult with a professional physician before making any purchasing decision if you use medications or have concerns following the review details shared above. Individual results may vary as the statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.