Submitted by the San Juan Islands Agricultural Guild.
The Savor the Flavor Fall Farm Tours has events remaining on Orcas and Lopez. New this year, admission is free.
“We took away the barrier of admission so people of all economic backgrounds can come meet their local farmers, taste and learn about their neighbor farmers, and help support a local healthy food system,” said Ag Guild Director, Steph Coffey.
Each island has a schedule of family-friendly events, tastings and a self-guided tour that showcases what makes agriculture in the San Juans so unique. The public is invited to join breakfasts hosted by farmers, movies, speaking events and more. Maps and information are available at https://islandgrownsj.com. Some farms are open both days and some only one. Start anywhere you like. And don’t forget to bring a cooler to store your farm fresh goodies in.
• Sept. 28-29: Farm Tours
• Sept. 28: Pizza Party at Maple Rock Farm by donation
• Sept. 29: Brunch at the Kitchen featuring local eggs, produce and meats
• Oct. 5-6: Farm Tours
• Oct. 5: Fall Festival and Quilt Show at the Grange and Woodmen Hall
• Oct. 5: Farm lunch at the Grange by El Taco ‘Bout It
• Oct. 5: Pig Roast, Potluck and Square Dance at the Grange
Oct. 6: Farm lunch at Blossom Grocery by Poutine Your Mouth
We recommend carpooling to the farms as parking can be limited.
Please respect farm host locations and adhere to directions or instructions. Wear appropriate outdoor shoes and attire. Please, no pets at the farms — except for animals from the farm.