The Turn Point Lighthouse Restoration Society announced the opening of their museum at Turn Point on July 4, 2008. TPLPS, a non profit group, dedicated it to one of Turn Point Light keepers, Louis A. Borchers (1902-1923), who left a legacy of photographs, not only of Turn Point, but of various lighthouses throughout the northwest.
Jim and Linda Bergquist of Stuart Island undertook the task of constructing the displays. The Washington Lighthouse Environmental Program Project (LEP) awarded TPLPS a $5,000 grant from the sale of Washington lighthouse license plates to open the museum. TPLPS also made educational presentations to organizations interested in boating and preservation of maritime treasures.
TPLPS has a docent, Nicole O’Neill, on site to be in charge of the museum. Museum hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily at Turn Point Light Station, Stuart Island.