Boosters fundraise for spring sports
February 21, 2012 · Updated 10:42 AM
The Orcas Island Booster Club is “teeing up” its spring fundraising drive to support all athletic programs at our school.
“Our winter fund drive was a success. We are grateful for the widespread community support and a matching grant from the Orcas Island Education Foundation, as we were able to raise over $12,000 to fund the basketball programs. Now it’s time to ‘pitch in’ for spring sports,” said Booster vice president Kevin O’Brien.
Booster Club Goals
• To maintain spring sports programs (softball, baseball, and golf) they need to raise $30,000.
• Establish a strong athletic endowment fund.
• Work with the community, school and Orcas Park and Recreation to create a long-term solution.
How to help
• Become a member of the Booster Club
• Donations may be accepted at Key Bank or to the Orcas Island Community Foundation “Booster Fund” by check or online at oicf.us (specify “Booster Fund”).
For questions call Vicki Vandermay, firstname.lastname@example.org, 376-5068 or Kevin O’Brien, email@example.com (206) 200-1086.