The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy impounded a vehicle that had been illegally parked on a county roadway.
• Deputies warned a driver in Friday Harbor for speeding and having a white rear light. The passenger was issued a citation for failing to wear a seatbelt.
• An Orcas deputy located a wanted person at an Eastsound business. The subject was contacted and arrested on a local county warrant and booked into jail in Friday Harbor without further incident.
• A deputy responded to a trespassing complaint in Eastsound. Two subjects were found to be trespassing on the property. As they had been previously issued trespass warning letters, they were both arrested, cited and released with a promise to appear in court.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of harassment. The investigation is ongoing.
• San Juan deputies responded to a lobby contact regarding a welfare check.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a single-vehicle traffic collision. The driver of the car had been driving under the influence, was injured and flown off island to the hospital. DUI charges are pending upon the driver’s return.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop on a driver in Eastsound for lane travel. There was probable cause to believe the driver was driving under the influence. The subject was arrested, processed and released with a promise to appear in court.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for expired registration under two months and warned about an expired driver’s license.
• A deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle accident in the Friday Harbor area and a report was filed.
• An Orcas deputy responded to citizen assist involving a family that is having ongoing problems.
• A deputy on San Juan Island took a report of a theft. The incident was documented.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to a trespassing complaint during the evening at a local business. The incident was determined to be civil and an informational report was taken.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a disturbance in Eastsound. An investigation determined the incident required EMS response, and law enforcement action was not required.
• A deputy was dispatched to a threats call in the Eastsound area. The reporting party said he had been threatened with a gun. During the investigation, it was determined that no firearm had been involved and no direct threat was made.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to a report of trespassing. The subject was subsequently issued a warning letter.
• A deputy was dispatched to a theft call in the Eastsound area. The investigation is ongoing.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a single-vehicle accident. The driver was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence, and the vehicle was towed off the beach and impounded per state law.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to a report of suspicious activity possibly involving narcotics. A suspect was located and arrested on Violation of the Uniform Controlled Substance Act.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle on San Juan Island for having expired and suspended registration. A search warrant was obtained for the vehicle, and the driver was arrested for Violation of the Uniform Controlled Substance Act, possession of drug paraphernalia and operating a vehicle with a suspended registration.
• A Lopez Island deputy ticketed a driver for not having a valid operator’s license with identification after stopping the subject for having no license plates displayed on the car.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a report of vandalism at an Eastsound business.
• A deputy on San Juan took a report of a vehicle prowler and documented the incident.
• A deputy issued a driver in Friday Harbor a citation for a defective brake light and for not having proof of insurance.