The sheriff’s office responded to the following calls:
• A Lopez deputy spoke with a Friday Harbor resident regarding a minor motor vehicle accident on Lopez. The reporting party said the driver backed into his surveying equipment and damaged it. The driver agreed to pay for damages.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor disposed of a found syringe.
• A Friday Harbor juvenile was in possession of drug paraphernalia and nicotine.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a car for failing to stop at a stop sign on North Beach Road. The driver was issued a citation for driving with a suspended license and given a warning for not stopping at the stop sign.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor responded to an apparent overdose patient. The patient was treated by EMS and then transported to the hospital for further treatment.
• A vessel was issued a citation for docking at the Westsound county dock overnight.
• A Friday Harbor citizen reported a no-contact order violation between a man and a girl.
• A Friday Harbor resident reported issues with his neighbors’ dogs barking in the night. The neighbor was contacted and he said his dogs are barking at deer and foxes, keeping them away from his farm. He said he would find a way to keep the dogs quiet.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to an early morning single-vehicle collision. The driver, a Lopez woman was given a citation for driving without a valid operator license.
• An Orcas deputy responded to an animal bite. The animal was not known.
• Orcas deputies made contact with a male subject who was wanted by San Juan County and the Department of Correction. The subject was placed in custody and transported to the sheriff’s office.
• Friday Harbor deputies responded to a woman running in traffic with her baby. The woman was contacted in the street, arrested, transported to the ER and then booked into jail. The baby was examined and turned over to a relative. CPS was notified.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a welfare check at an Eastsound residence. The deputy found that the subject of the welfare check was fine and not in need of any medical treatment.
• A Lopez deputy issued a driver a citation for going 45 mph in a 25 mph zone on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a fight. There was no evidence that anyone was assaulted.
• A vessel was issued a citation for overnight mooring at the Westsound county dock and improper display of registration decal.
• Deputies were contacted by a Friday Harbor resident who said someone he had worked for threatened him over owed money and had damaged his property.
• Lopez deputies were sent to investigate a 911 hang up call from a Lopez residence. The resident was contacted by dispatch and it was determined that the problem was with the telephone.
• A Seattle man reported finding possibly stolen property in a trash can at Spencer Spit State Park. Upon examination, the items were properly disposed trash.
• An Orcas deputy investigated an animal problem in the Deer Harbor area. The deputy found the animals to be in good health.
• A Lopez resident reported a subject loitering on a road near their house. When contacted by a deputy, the subject was utilizing an unprotected wi-fi signal. The subject moved on when asked.
• A deputy responded to an area within Friday Harbor for possible drug activity. Two subjects were contacted and one was arrested on a felony warrant.
• Orcas deputies responded to report of a domestic dispute. After all involved parties were interviewed one person was arrested for assault 4-domestic violence.
• A deputy responded to a motorcycle versus deer collision on Orcas. The operator received moderate injuries.
• A deputy stopped a driver for failing to stop at a stop sign in Friday Harbor. The driver was issued a citation for driving with a license that was suspended/revoked in the third degree.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched for a welfare check on a resident. The resident was found to be not an imminent danger to himself.
• A San Juan deputy educated a citizen on how to handle harassment.
• A deputy was sent to a San Juan Island residence to check on the welfare of a person.
• A deputy cited a vessel for illegal moorage at the Westsound county dock. The owner also received a $25 fine for multiple citations being posted on the vessel.