The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a delayed report of a suspected theft on San Juan Island. An informational report was made, but there was no evidence or workable leads to warrant further investigation.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a welfare check on an individual with suspected mental illness in need of medical care. The individual was transported to the hospital for an evaluation.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a delayed report of a theft of several county street signs on San Juan Island by San Juan County Public Works staff. There was no evidence or witnesses.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a call of drug paraphernalia found at the high school. A report was completed and the investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a traffic collision. The deputy observed that there was one vehicle involved and wrote the driver a citation for the collision.
• Deputies responded to a residence on San Juan Island to investigate a trespasser. The suspect was taken into custody.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Mount Baker Road. The driver, a local man, was issued a citation for not having a valid operator’s license. He was also warned for defective lights.
• A deputy made contact with a driver in Eastsound because the driver was known to have a warrant for his arrest. It was learned that the driver had a suspended driver’s license. The suspect was arrested, booked into jail and cited for driving with a suspended license.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a vehicle that was traveling 60 mph in a 35 mph zone on Mud Bay Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A deputy took a theft report from an Eastsound resident. It is believed that a fixed blade knife was stolen from the reporting party’s vehicle. The case is under investigation.
• A citizen reported her vehicle was damaged while it was parked at a residence on San Juan Island.
• Lopez Island deputies responded to a vehicle accident on Ferry Road. The driver, who showed no signs of impairment, said he hit a tree when he swerved his car to avoid striking a deer. The driver was airlifted to the mainland for medical treatment.
• A deputy was dispatched to a juvenile problem in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy contacted the caller and some of the involved people.
• A deputy was contacted at the Sheriff’s Office in reference to a fraud in the Friday Harbor area. The person reported fraudulent credit card charges.
• A deputy was dispatched in reference to a dog-at-large in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy contacted the caller, who said a dog is continually in their trash. The dog was gone upon the arrival of the deputy.
• A deputy was contacted in reference to a suspicious circumstance. The involved person was attempting to sell an item online. The person was contacted by an online buyer, but the information provided by the buyer was incorrect.
• A deputy investigated an ongoing problem regarding a juvenile.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a complaint of aggressive driving. The driver was located, and a report was written.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of threats.
• A deputy responded to a report of a hit-and-run traffic collision that occurred in Eastsound.
• A Washington State Ferries crew member reported drug activity occurring in a vehicle disembarking on Lopez Island. A deputy stopped the vehicle and obtained consent to search. No illegal drugs were found, and the occupants did not appear to be under the influence.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speed and no license plate displayed. The driver was issued a citation for no proof of insurance or license plate on the vehicle.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a call of a dog bite. An unknown dog attacked another, creating puncture wounds. The case is under investigation.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a welfare check. The deputy observed that there had been a domestic disturbance between the two involved people.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of two vandalized vehicles.
• A deputy responded to a welfare check on an individual in Friday Harbor. The deputy made contact with the individual and found him in good condition and not in need of medical services. An informational report was made.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched with Orcas Fire and Rescue to a single-vehicle rollover accident on Olga Road. The vehicle was unoccupied when responding units arrived. It was discovered the vehicle was stolen. Witnesses and evidence collected on the scene gave a solid lead to investigators.
• A Lopez Island deputy stopped an Oregon man for speeding on Fisherman Bay Road near Lopez Village. The man was issued a citation for speeding 40 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a report of a domestic incident on San Juan Island. The suspect was arrested for assault domestic violence, assault on a police officer and attempted disarming of a police officer. The suspect was booked into the jail awaiting a court appearance.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of a hit-and-run. The driver was contacted and information was exchanged.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Mount Baker Road. The driver was warned for speeding and issued a citation for having expired registration over two months old.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle for lane travel on Orcas Road. The driver, a local man, was issued criminal citations for driving while license is suspended or revoked in the third degree, failure to transfer title within 45 days and a registration violation. He was also issued three traffic citations.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a traffic collision. The deputy investigated and completed a state collision report. The driver of the collision was cited for not having a driver’s license.
• Orcas Island deputies were dispatched to a domestic disturbance on an outer island.
• A Lopez Island deputy took an information report about an ongoing neighbor dispute. No enforcement action was taken.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for having expired tabs. The driver was issued a citation for having expired registration over two months old and no proof of insurance.