The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a telephone report of a fraud that occurred in Arlington, Washington. An informational report was made so that the individual could follow up with the Arlington Police Department.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a delayed report of a hit-and-run that occurred on private property approximately three weeks ago. There are no witnesses, video or workable leads, and a report was made for insurance.
• An Orcas deputy was contacted regarding vandalism. An investigation was conducted, and an informational report was filed.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a driver for speeding 55 mph in a 35 mph zone on Center Road.
• Deputies responded to a domestic dispute between two sisters in Friday Harbor. Information was gathered, and the parties separated.
• A Lopez deputy arrested a resident on warrants issued by San Juan County District and Superior Courts as well as on a new charge of driving with a suspended-revoked license in the third degree. The subject was booked into jail pending an appearance in court.
• A deputy on Orcas took a complaint of a threat made via email to someone on Obstruction Island.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding 42 mph in a 25 mph zone on Lover’s Lane in Eastsound. The driver was issued a citation.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle driven by a subject with a warrant for their arrest. The subject was arrested for the warrant, driving with a suspended-revoked license in the third degree and possession of a controlled substance.
• A deputy issued a trespass warning letter to a Lopez resident.
• A San Juan Island deputy was dispatched to a citizen dispute.
• A Lopez deputy investigated damage to an OPALCO power box.
• A Lopez resident was issued a citation for driving 60 mph on Dill Road.
• A deputy took a report of an order violation. The investigation is ongoing.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop near Eastsound. The driver was given a warning for speeding and a citation for not having insurance.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for not having proof of insurance and gave a warning for failure to switch over to a Washington driver’s license, change address and signal a turn.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a domestic dispute in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez resident reported that someone had let the air out of his car’s tires sometime during the night.
• A Lopez deputy gave a driver a warning for speeding, having expired tags and not having proof of insurance.
• A Lopez deputy ticketed an unattended vehicle left in the ferry queue during the loading of the 9:30 a.m. ferry sailing to Anacortes.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched regarding an order violation. The involved people were contacted and one person was arrested.
• A Lopez deputy assisted a disabled motorist with a dead battery on Ferry Road.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle and issued a citation for having expired vehicle registration and no insurance.
• Orcas deputies responded to a domestic disturbance in the Eastsound area. The incident was believed to be verbal and no crimes were committed. The parties were separated for the evening.
• A Lopez deputy removed a deceased deer from the roadway.
• A Lopez deputy warned a driver for speeding in a school zone and failure to notify the department of licensing about an address change.
• A Lopez deputy warned a driver for speeding in a school zone and failing to carry a driver’s license.
• A deputy responded to a property dispute. The dispute was found to be civil.
• A deputy responded to a welfare check in Eastsound.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle that was passing other vehicles at 65 mph in 40 mph zone on Orcas Road. The driver was cited for speeding.
• Deputies were dispatched to report of threats in Friday Harbor. The subject was taken into protective custody.
• Deputies were dispatched to a domestic assault call in Friday Harbor. The suspect was taken into protective custody for evaluation.