The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following:
• A driver was issued a citation by a San Juan Island deputy for failure to stop at a stop sign in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of malicious mischief in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to assist a subject at Spencer Spit State Park. The problem was resolved upon the deputy’s arrival.
• Deputies were dispatched to an agency assist. Deputies completed the assist with no incident.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called regarding a cow out in the road. The owner was identified and returned the cow to its pasture.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle traveling on Orcas Road without working tail lights. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• An Orcas Island deputy issued a driver a citation for failing to stop at stop sign in Friday Harbor.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a traffic offense in Friday Harbor. The driver was issued a citation for passing a stopped school bus.
• Deputies checked on the welfare of a male at a Friday Harbor hotel.
• A deputy on San Juan Island was dispatched to a single-vehicle traffic accident in the Friday Harbor area. The deputy arrived and discovered a motorcycle had struck a deer. The driver was transported for medical treatment.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a single-vehicle collision, but the driver was no longer on the scene.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a report of vandalism. A rear window of a vehicle was broken the night prior.
• A deputy stopped a driver for an obstructed license plate in Eastsound. The driver was issued a citation for operating a vehicle without insurance and given a verbal warning for the obstructed license plate.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a trespassing call. It was found that someone had assaulted another person and entered their dwelling unlawfully. The suspect was found and after the investigation was concluded, arrested for residential burglary and assault.
• An Orcas deputy issued a citation to a driver in Friday Harbor for failing to obey a traffic device and gave the driver a warning for no proof of insurance and no registration document in the vehicle.
• A deputy conducted a welfare check on a distraught Lopez Island resident. It was determined the person was not an immediate threat to themselves.
• A deputy responded to a residential burglary alarm at a Lopez Island residence. Although an opened door was found, there was no evidence of a burglary or any other crime.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a single-vehicle collision. The vehicle was abandoned and towed from the scene.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a single-vehicle collision.
• A deputy made contact with a person with local warrants in the Friday Harbor area. The person was arrested and booked on the warrant without incident.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a Seattle man driving 41 mph in a 25 mph zone of Fisherman Bay Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in the Friday Harbor area. The subjects were contacted and found to be safe.
• A citizen came into the sheriff’s office in Friday Harbor to report property damage that had just occurred.
• A deputy spoke with a Lopez Island resident regarding missing property. The reporting person stated she suspected the items may have been removed from her purse while she was at the Lopez Market on April 17. No witnesses or suspects were identified.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver a citation for failure to wear their seat belt and warned them for having no insurance.
• A citizen turned themselves in for a warrant. They were booked into Friday Harbor holding cell and will be held there until their arraignment.
• A cellmate was experiencing medical issues and was transported to the emergency room. After evaluation, they were later released and transported back to the holding cell at the San Juan County Sheriff’s Office.