The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a single vehicle motor vehicle collision on Orcas Road. The female driver, who was the vehicle’s sole occupant, was uninjured.
• Mail was reportedly taken unlawfully from a mailbox in the Eastsound area. The case is thought to be linked to other mail theft cases in the same area.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a residential burglary in the Eastsound area. The reporting party had found a broken window and items inside that did not belong. The scene was processed and evidence collected.
• A deputy made an early evening traffic stop on Orcas Island for a driver impeding the flow of traffic. Further investigation revealed probable cause to believe the female driver was under the influence. The driver was arrested, processed and released with a promise to appear in court.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle because the driver had two warrants for her arrest. The person was arrested on the warrants and was booked into the jail.
• A Lopez deputy checked on a possible trespassing situation at a residence on Lopez Island. The property owner was contacted and a report was completed.
• A deputy responded to a report of a vandalism of a car in the high school parking lot in Friday Harbor. There are currently no workable leads or suspect information at this time. School officials are checking for possible video footage of the incident.
• A Friday Harbor business owner called to report illegal dumping in his dumpster. Trash with a name and address were found. The owner of the garbage was contacted. He said someone had been paid to take it to the dump and he immediately went and picked it up.
• A distracted driver went off the side of Roche Harbor Road on San Juan Island and took out approximately 90 feet of fence and seriously damaged his car. The driver was uninjured and sober. Owners of the damaged fence were contacted and arrangements made to cover repairs.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop on Orcas Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A deputy stopped a motorist in Lopez Village after he saw her fail to stop at a stop sign. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for failing to stop at the stop sign.
• A deputy took a report of a vehicle passing a school bus while the red lights were displayed in Eastsound.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 45 miles per hour in a 25 miles per hour zone.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a theft of prescription medicine.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a theft in the Eastsound area. A report was taken. The investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to check on a disabled vehicle partially blocking Center Road in the “S” curves. An off-duty firefighter towed the vehicle safely out of the road. Family members came and picked up the mom and her young children.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called regarding a bull running at large in the area of Port Stanley and Bakerview. The owner was contacted and returned the bull to its pasture.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a deer vs. car collision.
• A Lopez deputy euthanized an injured raccoon.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 48 miles per hour in a 25 mile per hour speed zone and expired vehicle registration.
• A Friday Harbor resident came into the station to make a report regarding fraud. A deputy received the information and discovered the incident to be civil in nature.
• An Orcas deputy made an evening traffic stop on a vehicle with no taillights illuminated. Further investigation revealed probable cause to believe the driver was driving under the influence. The driver had a previous conviction in 2016. He was booked into jail in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy was dispatched to the San Juan Island area in reference to a domestic dispute. Deputies arrived in the area and made contact with the involved parties. One person was arrested.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for expired tabs. The driver was arrested on a warrant and for driving with a suspended license. The driver was also issued an infraction for no insurance and expired registration. The driver was booked into San Juan County Jail.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a single vehicle collision. It was found the vehicle collided with an OPALCO power box and a tree. The driver fled the scene. The case is still under investigation.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Orcas Road. The driver was issued an infraction for speed.
• A Lopez deputy stopped and ticketed a local man for speeding 64 miles per hour in a 45 miles per hour zone on Center Road.