The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a lost property, that was most likely stolen.
• An Orcas deputy issued a warning for having no tail lights and an expired vehicle registration.
• A wanted subject was located by deputies on San Juan Island and taken into custody. The warrant was for failure to appear for driving while intoxicated out of Enumclaw, Washington.
• An Orcas deputy responded to request for a welfare check on a male after someone reported that they suspected a domestic violence assault occurred.
• A Friday Harbor resident walked into the station to report a dispute she had with another Friday Harbor resident. The reporting party wanted documentation in the form of a report.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of vandalism. The victimized property owners were away for the holiday when their street sign was run over by an unknown vehicle.
• A San Juan Island resident reported a package was stolen from his mailbox at the north end of the island.
• A deputy took a report of a stolen bicycle in Friday Harbor.
• Someone reported that a bicycle was stolen from a vehicle while it was parked in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez resident called to report a severely injured deer on MacKaye Harbor Road. A deputy responded and euthanized the deer.
• Deputies on Orcas were approached about a possible domestic disturbance that allegedly occurred earlier that night. All parties were interviewed and photographs were taken.
• A Friday Harbor citizen called to report credit card fraud. A fraudulent charge of $8,568.92 was made. The credit card company had already detected this and stopped payment, but wanted the victim to file a local report as well.
• Lopez deputies made a report of a derelict vessel on the spit that State Parks is trying to dispose of. Coast Guard said the vessel has been there for about three months.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver on Olga Road a citation for having an expired registration more than two months old and a warning for not being able to produce proof of liability insurance.
• A Lopez deputy was called to a business in Lopez Village regarding a dog at large. The dog was captured and returned to the owner, who explained that it had escaped from the car at the grocery store.
• A Seattle man was cited for speeding, 40 in a 25 mph zone on Fisherman Bay Road.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for having expired registration tags. The driver was issued a criminal citation for driving with a suspended license in the third degree and for not having insurance.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for having expired registration tags. The driver was issued a citation for the tags being more than two months expired and not having insurance.
• An Orcas deputy cited a driver in Eastsound for driving with a suspended license in the third degree.
• An Orcas deputy cited a driver for speeding 40 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A driver attempted to elude an Orcas deputy by concealing their vehicle behind a closed business. The driver was eventually located and issued three driving citations and two criminal citations.
• Deputies arrested a wanted person without incident in Eastsound. The person was transported via patrol boat to be jailed in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy responded to a report of a bike found in Friday Harbor. The bike was submitted to the property room.
• A deputy responded to a reported threat on San Juan Island. The deputy found that the caller only wanted an information report made.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver on Orcas Road with a citation for having expired registration tags. He was also given a warning for not transferring the vehicle title and not having proof of insurance.
• Lopez deputies and EMS personnel responded to a reported overdose. The person was transferred off island for further medical care.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation on Orcas Road for speeding 47 mph in a 35 mph zone and for not having a valid operator’s license and ID.
• Deputies responded to a reported trespassing at a property on San Juan Island.
• A deputy conducted an area check on a Lopez Island bar on and observed a patron inside that was on probation for prior criminal convictions. The involved person violated the conditions of his probation by being at an establishment that sold alcohol. A report was forwarded to the prosecutor.