The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A Friday Harbor deputy took a complaint of suspicious behavior by a new island resident. An informational report was taken.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a possible domestic incident near the ferry landing. Both parties were not on scene when the deputy had arrived. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy responded to a report of a threat involving an inmate in the San Juan County jail holding facility. The two inmates were separated, information was gathered, and a report was forwarded to a detective.
• A Lopez Island deputy conducted a vehicle identification number inspection and completed a junk vehicle affidavit at the request of a property owner to begin the process of disposing an abandoned derelict vehicle.
• A citizen reported to San Juan deputies that someone threw gravel on his vehicle’s windshield.
• Deputies responded to a report of a verbal domestic incident in Friday Harbor. When deputies located the residence, the involved parties were nowhere to be found. A search was conducted, the involved parties were not located and a report was made.
• A deputy was dispatched to a trespass complaint in Friday Harbor. All trespassers were issued warning letters.
• San Juan deputies stopped a speeder on Bailer Hill Road. The driver was also found to have a suspended license, no insurance, and expired registration. He was issued a criminal and traffic citation.
• An Orcas Island deputy took a complaint of a reported theft. The reporting party noted that several of his power tools had been taken from a shared construction site. A suspect is known and the case is under investigation.
• A deputy responded to a complaint of a possible assault at a Lopez Island Bed and Breakfast. The investigation revealed no probable cause of a crime and it was determined that the highly intoxicated person’s injuries most likely occurred from a fall while she was walking back to her room.
• Deputies were dispatched to a complaint of possible trespassing in Friday Harbor. A report was taken.
• EMS responded to a drug overdose on Lopez Island. An island deputy was sent to assist. The involved subject was flown to a mainland hospital for further evaluation and treatment.
• A Lopez Island business received what appeared to be a threatening letter from an unknown person. Further investigation revealed the letter was a marketing effort done in poor taste by a publishing company.
• A citizen on San Juan island stated she had been assaulted. Deputies investigated and found the incident not credible.
• San Juan deputies stopped a speeding vehicle on Argyle Ave. The driver was issued a citation for 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
A deputy responded to a Lopez Island residence about a noise complaint after 10 p.m. It was determined the offending neighbor was running a generator to provide power to an RV. The neighbor agreed to shut off the generator for the night. A report was completed.
• A vessel was found late at night at the Eastsound County Dock, a day-use-only dock. The vessel was also known to anchor and has been anchoring more than 90 days within the tidal lands within a 12-month period. The vessel was cited for both violations.
• San Juan deputies stopped a vehicle for a defective headlamp. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired registration-greater than two months and was warned about the headlamp and not having proof of insurance.
• A Lopez deputy, EMS and OPALCO responded to a vehicle and pole collision that resulted in a wildland fire and several downed power lines.
• Deputies issued citations to two drivers in Friday Harbor in two separate speeding incidents.
• A report was taken of a runaway juvenile in Friday Harbor. A pick-up notice was filled out by the parent and put in the system.
• A San Juan deputy issued tickets to the owners of vessels for not being properly permitted on a county dock.
• San Juan deputies responded to the report of a single-vehicle collision on Little Road. The driver admitted to using his cell phone while driving, thus contributing to the collision. He was issued a citation.
An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle for failing to stop at a stop sign and for not using a turn signal. The driver was arrested for DUI and obstructing a law enforcement officer and issued a citation for speeding, failing to stop at a stop sign and failing to yield to emergency vehicle.
• A motorist on Lopez Island received a citation after a deputy stopped the driver on Fisherman Road for doing 42 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A driver near Lopez Village was stopped for speeding and issued ticket for speeding and not wearing a his seatbelt.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check on San Juan. The person was located and everyone was safe.
• San Juan deputies responded to a noise complaint of barking dogs on False Bay Drive. The dogs’ owner was contacted and advised of the noise ordinance violation.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area on a report of a hit-and-run. A report was taken.
• A deputy was dispatched to a traffic accident on San Juan. The accident scene was located and a report taken.
• A Orcas Island driver was issued a citation for failing to stop at a stop sign, and arrested for DUI.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a medical issue with an inmate in the jail holding facility. The male was transported to the emergency room.
• Deputies in Friday Harbor received a report of a trespassing in Friday Harbor. No suspects were found, property was recovered and submitted to the evidence room.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a dog-at-large complaint. The owner and dog were identified and a dog-at- large warning letter was issued.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Mt Baker Road. The driver was subsequently issued a citation for speeding, 43 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy in the San Juan area responded to a domestic disturbance and contacted the involved persons.
• In Friday Harbor, a deputy responded to Peace Island Medical Center for a report of a dog bite that occurred on Shaw Island. The injury was very minor, information was gathered and a report made. No further investigation is needed.
• A San Juan residence reported a violation of a protection order.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to an assault and a theft at an Eastsound business. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy was dispatched to a suspicious circumstance in the San Juan Island area. The reporting deputy contacted the caller.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Lovers Lane. The driver, a non-local, was issued a citation for driving 43 mph in a posted 25 mph zone.
• Deputies on Orcas Island received a total of nine reports of vehicle prowls during the early morning hours in Eastsound. Two reports involved items missing from the vehicle. The investigation in ongoing.
• A Lopez deputy was called to assist another agency. A report was taken.
• A deputy stopped and ticketed a local driver on Lopez Island for traveling 55 mph in a 35 mph zone on Mud Bay Road.
• A report of a theft in Friday Harbor prompted a deputy to serve the suspect a trespass letter.
• An Orcas deputy joined Orcas Fire and Rescue in response to a report of an injury accident in the Eastsound area. The driver of the single vehicle was examined by medical personal and released, though subsequently arrested for driving under the influence.
• A welfare check drew a deputy to the San Juan Island area.