The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy responded to the Lopez Island School regarding a juvenile complaint. It was determined a distressed elementary student was attempting to leave the school campus without permission. School administration took appropriate measures to keep the juvenile safe.
• A Lopez Island deputy received a complaint of a possible theft of a boat. The boat owner, who lived off island, stated he received a call from a marina employee who saw the boat being taken. An investigation is being conducted.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor reviewed a boat accident that occurred on Aug. 28 where the reporting party said that another boat hit their boat and kept going.
• A deputy responded to an Olga address on a report of a person prowling a property and building. The suspect was gone upon the deputy’s arrival. The case is under investigation.
• A deputy investigated a report of internet fraud.
• Lopez deputies responded to a possible burglary in progress at a residence. Deputies searched the home, but no suspect was located.
• A citizen reported a package being stolen from an address in Eastsound.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of possible animal neglect. The case is still under investigation.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of an intoxicated person causing problems at a residence. The deputy contacted the people involved and resolved the issue.
• Deputies responded to a report of a juvenile causing problems in the office reported at the high school. Deputies resolved the issue, leaving the juvenile at school. A report is being forwarded to juvenile services.
• A deputy spoke with a Lopez Island resident about a collision in the Lopez Village. The reporting person stated another vehicle struck her when the driver failed to stop at a stop sign. Although her vehicle was severely damaged, no one was injured.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of an injured deer near Port Stanley Road. The deputy dispatched the gravely injured young deer at the request of the property owner.
• A Lopez deputy responded to check the welfare of a dog in the village. The dog was checked and the owner contacted.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle for expired tabs. The driver was issued an infraction for expired vehicle license over two months and no insurance and a criminal citation for no valid operator’s license without ID.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a disturbance involving an intoxicated person and a running vehicle on Hummel Lake Road. The person was arrested for driving under the influence.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Mt Baker Road. The driver was issued a citation for speed and warned for not having their driver’s license in the vehicle.
• A Lopez Island man was stopped and ticketed for speeding on a wet road.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to a reported order violation in the Eastsound area. The suspect, a local woman, was arrested.
• Deputies responded to a report of an unwanted person at the ferry landing in Friday Harbor. Deputies were advised on the scene that the call was for medical assistance. One person was transported to the hospital, one article of property was tagged into evidence, and an information report was made.
• A deputy responded to a report of a theft on San Juan Island. Upon arrival, the deputy was told via phone by the caller that he did not want to make a report at this time. Caller came to the station later that day around 1:30 p.m., filled out a statement form and requested a report.
• A Lopez Island deputy found a downed tree across Lopez Road. A public works crew was called to remove the tree and clear the hazard.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a car on North Beach Road. The driver was issued an infraction for driving without a valid operator’s license and given a verbal warning for speed.
• A Friday Harbor women reported the theft of expensive jewelry. She had put the items on the counter pending being placed in the safe. She could not find them later. Before the report was finished, she called to say she had found them in another part of the house.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle for expired registration. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired vehicle registration over two months.
• A Lopez Island deputy found goats running at large in the road. The owner was identified and the goats were herded home.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a car on Deer Harbor Road driving 53 mph in a 25 mph zone. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted at the station by an island resident reporting a recent auto theft. An investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy responded to a report of a hit-and-run accident in Friday Harbor. Upon arrival, the deputy was told by the reporting party that there was no damage to her vehicle and she didn’t want a state accident report made.
• A deputy responded to a non-injury accident call in Friday Harbor. One driver was issued multiple citations and an accident report was made.
• A county employee reported a work laptop computer missing.
• A deputy responded to a report of a possible driving under the influence arriving at Friday Harbor on the ferry. Upon arrival, the deputy made his assessments of the individual involved and determined that the male was not impaired and just had difficulty driving a manual shift vehicle.
• A deputy took a report of a possibly stolen dinghy from a marina on Orcas Island. The dinghy was last seen approximately two weeks ago.
• An Orcas Island deputy stopped a vehicle on Olga Road. The driver was issued a citation for speeding.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor assisted child protective services in an investigation.
• A San Juan deputy received a report of an assault.
• A deputy responded to a civil issue between a tenant and landlord.
• A phone was found in a men’s restroom on Orcas.
• Deputies were sent to the Port of Friday Harbor for a person yelling. An intoxicated female was found yelling at her ex-boyfriend. A friend was called and drove the intoxicated female home.
• A Friday Harbor resident visited the Sheriff’s station to make a fraud report.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a juvenile runaway. The juvenile later returned home and was taken out of the system as a runaway.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for having an expired vehicle registration over two months.
• Deputies were dispatched to a San Juan Island residence to investigate a domestic dispute.