The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of a vehicle prowler in Friday Harbor. There are no suspects at this time.
• A Lopez Island deputy initiated a neglect investigation based on a referral from Adult Protective Services.
• Lopez Island deputies took a man into custody on a Walla Walla County arrest warrant. The man was transported to jail in Friday Harbor pending transfer to Walla Walla.
• An Orcas Deputy went to a citizen assist call. It was reported that one family member was keeping mail that had come from another family member.
• A Lopez deputy cited a California man for driving 39 mph in a 25 mph zone on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A deputy responded to a reported collision with an injury in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a theft call. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to a hit-and-run of an unoccupied vehicle.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor arrested a subject on an outstanding warrant and booked them into the San Juan County Jail.
• A Lopez deputy cited a Redmond man for driving 46 mph in a 25 mph zone of Fisherman Bay Road.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for having expired tabs and issued the driver a citation.
• A deputy stopped a car in Friday Harbor and issued the driver citations for not having a valid driver’s license, not having insurance and using an electronic device while driving.
• A deputy on Orcas arrested and booked a person with a warrant out for their arrest into jail.
• Lopez deputies investigated a road rage incident that resulted in the crime of harassment. A Lopez man was arrested the next day and booked into jail.
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported theft in Friday Harbor and arrested a person for shoplifting.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for having an expired registration and issued the driver a citation.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to a reported theft.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a reported domestic dispute. After interviewing both parties, it was found that there was no physical altercation, verbal abuse, or threats made.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding and issued the driver a citation for traveling 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle with expired registration and issued the driver a citation.
• A deputy responded to a report of a theft of a purse from a vehicle in Eastsound.
• Deputies arrested a subject in Friday Harbor for an order violation.
• A deputy stopped a driver for speeding 46 mph in a 25 mph zone and issued the driver a citation.
• A Lopez deputy assisted another agency by checking a Lopez residence for a missing person. The missing person, who lives full-time on the mainland, was not located at the residence. The homeowner said he has had no contact with the person for more than two years.
• A deputy was dispatched to the Friday Harbor area in reference to a commercial burglary. The deputy gathered several items of evidence and an investigation continues.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle in Friday Harbor and issued the driver a citation for not having insurance and a warning for passing on the right.
• A deputy initiated a traffic stop in Friday Harbor and issued the driver a citation for failing to obey a stop sign, for having expired registration and failing to have the vehicle registered in the owner’s name.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called to a local business regarding a disruptive customer. The business owner asked the customer to leave and prohibited them from returning.
• A Seattle woman called a Lopez deputy for help locating her dog after it ran away.